Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can We Talk About Tutorials?

I admit that I am electronically challenged so forgive me here for my ignorance. Do you download tutorials or do you just watch them on You Tube?

We have 10 gb's on our cell phones and through our Verizon Hotspot which is our internet provider. How much space do tutorials add to the memory capacity on your computer?

I recently watched a Craftsy class and it caused us to go over 10 gb on the usage with Verizon. Does downloading keep this from happening?

Any help would be appreciated. I have called Verizon but have gotten no where. I can't get a person who speaks where I can understand them and they have not been able to answer my question. It seems they are reading from a script.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can We Talk About Tutorials?

You should NOT go over your 10g data plan, if you are in fact connected to the internet when you are viewing tutorial on your phone. My shared plan (4 phones) has 10G data plan, and we have never gone over. My GD and DD are on using their phones constantly. I would suggest that you make sure you are connected to the internet when you are viewing tutorials.
    Your 10g's is how much data you are allowed to use and stay within your plan cost. I would not down load any tutorial to your any device. That would go in to your memory, and you don't want that. When you are using your phones for viewing and surfing the web look at that little icon that has little arches at the top of your phone and make sure it has lights on it. That will show if your are connected to the internet. Go to your settings and make sure your wifi is on, and automatically connect to hot spots. other than that I don't really know what advice to give you. Good luck getting it figured out.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a newer tv you can broadcast from your phone to it by using chromecast for a one time charge of only $35 and it shows those videos so nicely. Chromecast it also broadcasts from my iPad too! Great for this not so great vision of mine. Hope this helps.
    ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~Debbie~♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

When you call Verizon and get one of their outsourced call centers simply tell the person that you wish to speak to a supervisor. Those supervisors are located in the US.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just watch them on the computer or iPad....I see no reason to d/l them. That is the reason I bought my iPad, to have next to my sewing machine so I can watch those plus keep up w/my fellow peeps!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry this is happening. I left Verizon and am so happy with AT&T now. Most carriers will buy out your contract too. It might be worth it for you to look in to that.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime you are connected to the internet through your hotspot you are using your 10 gbs. To avoid this you can go somewhere that has free wi-fi and watch it or download it to your phone to watch later. You will just want to check to see how much memory you have on your phone and if you can add memory to your phone. Make sure you are connected to the wi-fi and not your hotspot. I would turn off my hotspot just to be safe and then connect to their wi-fi. I have found that it is best to go to a verizon store for help if you can.

If you have internet service at your house you can buy a wireless router for around $50 and use wi-fi instead of your hotspot. As long as you are using wi-fi you are not using your 10gbs of data.

Hope this helps.

Rebecca

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just watch them as they play from the website - no download.
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
    Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    When you call Verizon and get one of their outsourced call centers simply tell the person that you wish to speak to a supervisor. Those supervisors are located in the US.
    Verizon does NOT outsource. All call centers are based in the U.S.

10. Thanks Jasonrya thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I watch them on my phone or on my laptop. If I want to have them handy when I make that quilt, I just take them in my sewing room and play as I go... it worked great when I was making pillowcases!