Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giveaway Week 24 - Jun 19th - Jun 24th

Happy Fathers Day to everyone, and congratulations to Pam57! Random.org chose you to win the 500 Quilters Cash Points from last weeks giveaway! She doesn't seem to be much of a "late nighter" but I don't think you'll here many of us complaining! And now Pam gets her own custom deal 500 points to go shopping!

For this lovely Fathers Day, er, week I want to know if you know any man quilters! Let's honor the wonderful men who have taken the time to improve and learn a skill that is traditionally kept from them and some pretty scary territory for most guys I know a couple of amazing men who sew beautifully! It's tons of fun to sit and sew with my mom but seeing my daughter sit helping her grandpa is amazing! I love you Daddy!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 24 - Jun 19th - Jun 24th

I dont happen to know any male quilters but I can count on my husband to give an honest opinion on what i am doing when I ask. If i get a confused look I know i need to change something up!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S: Pam57. Have fun shopping!!

I know a couple of men who quilt. One is the dealer/manager where I bought my embroidery machine. He does mostly small wall-hanging quilts, but his work is beautiful and precise. He's pretty much a traditionalist.

The other man I know is a brawny guy who looks like anything except a quilter. He works as an accountant by day (another issue here on stereotyping gone awry), and he designs his own quilt tops. His work is stupendous. McCalls is currently running a designer contest and he is among the finalists. He belongs to the local quilt guild to which I belong and he is a warm, giving person. He recently donated a king-size top, that he said he would never have quilted, to the guild for their annual fund raiser.

On another note, my DH has taken an interest in digitizing embroidery designs and has even sewn out one special one that he digitized . . . I am afraid if this trend keeps up the next thing he will want to do is quilt and he'll leave me in a lurch since he is so much of a perfectionist. My one saving grace is that I'm far more creative than he is . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Pam57!
    I know zero men who quilt or sew.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know any men quiters, but I do have a husband who sews! He was raised by a seamstress so he naturally picked up the know how. He has used my machine innumerable times for his "little" projects. He always amazes me. He is a gun enthusiast and has made canvas cases for his guns. I guess that might be counted as quilting as he used batting between the layers. So, yes I guess I do know a man quilter after all!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Pam!

I know of a few male quilters. Last summer there was one in our BOM class - he was a retired lawyer. He was also a carpenter and had made some cool things for his quilting. Another man is the repairman at the local quilt shop. He makes some awesome quilts.

I have tried to get hubby to try quilting, but he is really too busy with other hobbies. Hubby used to be my repair guy before the machines became so computerized.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Pam57.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....let me think....Nope. I can't think of one. Wish I did though. I think it would be pretty neat to sit and sew with him ... he could carry all my projects too...lol...just kidding.
    Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Pam 57. I know of no men that quilt or sew...It's very hard to get my husband to hold up a quilt for me to take a picture so I don't look to him to start quiting soon... He does however like they way they look and I think he is looking forward to receiving one soon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Pam57. Enjoy. I don't personally know any male quilters but I'm on an Am. Cancer Society Relay for Life team and a fellow team member's dad made a quilt to raffle. YAY! Our relay is next Friday night...wish me luck!
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Pam57. Enjoy.

I don't know of any personally but we did have a man machine quilt a quilt for a raffle for Victoria's Quilts last year. He did amazing work.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!