Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fiskars rotary cutters

I have the 60 and it won't stay locked out into the cutting position. I only use it when cutting several layers of fleece or with the pinking blade. I even tried returning it for a new one and after a short while it did the same thing.

I am very happy with my Olfas I have the 16, 28, & 45. I'm just bummed that J's stopped carrying the smaller sized blades, because that was a great use for my coupons. Thankfully M* has had them!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    It could be your cutting mat. As they get worn, they cause the cutters to skip as well. I also use Martelli, and love them! I can buy the blades in bulk when they have their redline sale and it's a fantastic deal!
    Thanks for this information, and I will keep it in mind for future reference. It doesn't apply in these instances, as my friend just started quilting, and her mat is new, and I was using a new rotating mat.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sassygranny View Post
    I won't buy another Fiskars. The blade keeps releasing and jumping back into the "safety" position inside the handle. At the most inopportune time. Makes me crazy. It's back to Olfa for me.
    I had the same problem with my Fiskars cutter. I emailed them and they sent me a new one. They have a lifetime warranty and they honor it.

5. Thanks pixiedust0830 thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Fiskars 45mm...started having trouble with the blades not cutting even when new...I complained to Fiskars about the blades....a few weeks later I received a new cutter from them which was nice but they did not address the blades...I switched to the titanium blades and have no problems at all. They are hard to find at our local store so usually order off eBay or amazon

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem. I didn't realize how much the fiskars was NOT cutting until I used the olfa, and now I am looking forward to replacing mine in the future.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the same problem with Fiskars blades "skipping" . It wasn't the mat either (which was new at the time). I find I have to change the blades frequently with Fiskars. I bought the large Fiskars rotary cutter, I am so disappointed in it. Very dull. I really prefer Olfa products. I am in the market for new rotary cutters, going to do some research. Thanks for the tips here.