Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Block a day calender

The Judy Hopkins' perpetual calendar of quilt blocks is available from Amazon as well as Martingale Publishers. Prices are $25.99 & $22.00 respectfully. Amazon also has a variety of other quilt block calendars. I bought the one from Martingale, but there were very few blocks I was interested in making, so I returned it. JCY

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    The Judy Hopkins' perpetual calendar of quilt blocks is available from Amazon as well as Martingale Publishers. Prices are $25.99 & $22.00 respectfully. Amazon also has a variety of other quilt block calendars. I bought the one from Martingale, but there were very few blocks I was interested in making, so I returned it. JCY
    I bought this one on sale and didn't realize that there were different ones. I remembered my grandmother had one because I had to change the date every time I went over!! The things a grandchild notices!! But hers had some cool shape blocks. I am doing it to keep from going to sleep too early after my daughter goes to bed! I am impressed that I have done almost 7 every week! These are only done after her bedtime and not as my normal sewing time! I am trying to do some UFOs!! My mom has sense confessed to not only know what I am talking about now but that she actually has my grandmothers calendar!! So when my year is up I am going to start on hers!! I eventually want to change the quilt on my living room wall once a month! Much to the eye rolling of my husband!

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use project boxes. I keep the fabric in them so I don't use it for something else. When the project is finished then I return the fabric to it's place. you can do this for the dif size blocks you want to separate your fabric into.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I bought these little plastic stackables' at "deals" our dollar store. Then labeled each with what size block they went to! NOw to only talk the hubbsters into putting together my frame for my flat storage cubbies so I don't have a pile of blocks in the middle of the cutting table!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, I am impressed!!! Great job-can't wait to see your pics each week!!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

so last week I didn't get any blocks done!! Booooooo but it was because I was embroidering presents for a wedding shower!! And now I can't get them to attach to here!! I should get back on track this week!!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

What I did that took up my sewing time!! I embroidered their names and date of wedding on the champagne glass one! The bow and the names were in the wedding colors of blue and silver. haven't taken pics of the blocks from last week! My daughter and I are swimming our summer vacation away so not getting much done sewing wise.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, your blocks are fabulous! I was able to see them on facebook. For some odd/stupid reason I was thinking a block a month calendar not a block a day...oh man that's 365 blocks!! Holy cow I would burn out for sure. Good luck, you sound very motivated and you're off to a running start for sure.

9. Thanks monklesmom thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Your blocks are awesome....I love them all....
    Priscilla Lujan
    Los Angeles, CA

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it. Your doing a block per DAY every DAY!? Am I following you on this?
    It sounds cool. Ambitious but cool. I would be worried the 565 other projects I want to work on would never get done. However, it sounds like you have a nice plan on the color scheme and making a quilt out of them in the end. I am interested to see how this go for you. Don't forget to update us on it!