• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Wednesday Hellos!

Happy Wednesday Folksies

I had a fabulous day yesterday - I did almost absolutely nothing.

Hoping that today will be a duplicate.

SMILE!

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Wednesday Hellos!

Hi Blondie! Got my quilt mojo going yesterday and finished 3 quilt tops for Marilyn's PICU, need to quilt them today to get them ready for her later this week! Pics to follow when they are finished.

Have a good day!

Comment

• MRoy
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2011

Good morning! It's lawn mowing day here to beat the rain coming in tonight and tomorrow. I'm up checking Weather.com for DH. It's hay cutting time so we watch the 10 day weather forecasts closely. Time for some coffee to help get me going.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• dwil23
        Missouri Star
        • May 2012

Good Morning all!

Jean you are an inspiration - three in one day. Someday I will do that. Instead now it's like I do more of the absolutely nothing, even though I'm always busy it seems.

This morning is back to the doctor for Kelly's acupuncture treatment. She is trying to get up and walk - and is successful, but the Dr doesn't want her to do that just yet. Try explaining that to her! While I'm waiting for her, I will hit one or two more quilt shops in that area. They aren't real far (about 50 miles), but too far to go to on a regular basis. After that I am Free until her next appt on Friday. Hoping that DS will be able to finish my floors by Thursday night, but probably not. They are still waiting to get approval from the HOA in the condo they have rented to move in. HOA's can be a real pain, but this community is pristine even though it's over 30 years old.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - saying prayers for those in need.
        Donna

Comment

• shermur
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

Morning. Yesterday was very disappointing; I busted my butt cleaning the house for two showings...a whole 18 minutes of viewing between the two prospects. I missed going to work for what? Very discouraged regarding the sell of this house and still no where to go in Arkansas.
          Bad reviews on both and I'm ready to throw up my hands and say to heck with it.

I did finish one of two baby quilts yesterday (it needs to be washed/pressed) before I wrap it.
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Cathy F
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Morning all,
            Looks like another nice day in my part of the world. Getting ready for my coffee and wondering what the day has in store for me.

I was away for 3 days last week in Lake George for a quilt retreat with my sister. It' always good to get away but doubly enjoyable when it 's a sisters get away, I really needed that. I was able to complete a plum sweet quilt top that I will send out to be quilted as soon as I get my order for the rest of the backing fabric. It's turning out to be one of my favorite quilts!

Have to get up to the sewing room today and finish putting my things away, and maybe I'll be able to get a little sewing time in, keeping fingers crossed! I have to watch some training videos today and take 2 certification tests so I don't know if that will be possible but we'll see.

Off to start my day, hugs to all those who would like a few extra today.
            Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone,

Sherri, I know exactly what you are going through. We have been trying to sell our old house for 6 years. Don't give up hope. I know the showings are a lot of stress and work. I'm praying that someone will walk into your house and it will feel like home and that they will see their family living there. I really think that's what it takes. Finding motivated buyers is a hard thing.

I have to go to WalMart this morning for prescriptions and a few food items. I think the Girls slept all night. I fell asleep right after dinner (too many early mornings with the Girls lately) and missed the grand finale of The Voice. I'm thrilled to see that Josh Kaufman is the winner. The female singer is awesome also, but she already has a recording contract.

Myrna, today is our mowing day, too. I will start the festivities as soon as I get home from WalMart.

Wishing everyone a great day with special Hugs for Sherri.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• HandsomeRyan
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2013

Morning all.

The greenhouse plumbing was largely a success yesterday. (See also: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gen...yone-ryan.html) A guy from our facilities department came down and helped and he snapped another one of the fittings and got sprayed but I was across the room so I just laughed. (He dried and all was well again). We've got 10 more irrigation lines to do today and some parts I ordered to complete the job arrived yesterday so we should have this wrapped up by lunch time. Maybe no one will get sprayed today.

Sawyer slept all night again although he basically stayed in place this time. He's a good boy. I like him and I think we'll keep him.
                Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

• ginampls
                  The Guild President
                  • Sep 2009

here I am. i am good. slept pretty good. well, for me anyway. doing good. kinda. be well, all gonna check out the gallery. we are so talented.
                  all the best
                  Gina

Comment

• Blondie
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2010

Sherri
                    I can only imagine the frustration you are experiencing. When junk happens here, which is almost a weekly if not daily occurrence, I remind myself that it will all be good in the end. My Granny always said, it will all come out in the wash.
                    Hugs to you! And some extra prayers.
                    Blessings
                    blondie
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• Madeforyouinma11
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2012

Morning everyone!
                      Sherri, it'll happen when the time is right. The right buyer will come along and you will find the perfect home for you and your family.
                      Ryan, good luck today!
                      Well, today is going to be a very nice day here again. I still have some work to do outside...does it ever really end.....but I need to do some things for Julia's 1st birthday party. We are working on centerpieces and a photo banner. I also really need to get going on her little rag doll or it won't get finished! I need to hibernate in my sewing room for one full day to get everything done.
                      Well, still working on de cluttering the house. It's going really well and it feels so good to be rid of things that I'll never use again. I love the fact that I have one empty cabinet in my dining room! I also have extra space in my kitchen cabinets which means I can open up a cabinet without everything falling out. I still have a few rooms left, but I saved the worst for last so those should be fun.
                      Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day! Prayers and hugs to all who need or want them.
                      Cil
                      A quilt is a blanket of love
                      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

• MayinJerset
                        Missouri Star
                        • May 2012

I'm early today for a change as I've been sleeping more during the night, still wake up once or twice but I fall back to sleep easily.

Lots to do today besides regular household stuff, need to shop for great-grandson George's Bday and visit my BFF who has been away for a few weeks. George will be one end of this week and he will be sharing his Bday party on Sunday with his Mom as he was born on her Bday.

smile today.jpg

Comment

• Mpyles
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2013

Good morning, birds are chirping here this morning! Everyone enjoy your day!
                          Mary
                          SW Missouri

Comment

• aliaslaceygreen
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2012

Good morning... Sherri, as much as I LOVE HGTV, I think that watching that has spoiled so many people as to what they should expect from a house!! Eventually the proper person will show up, see past whatever 'issues' were reviewed and... viola! Are you selling by owner? Because you can't keep stopping your life, work etc to show ...let the Realtor do it...

Sunny here, headachy start to the day, hope it leaves as work is stupid right now... blech....

And REALLY need to clean...

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) to any and all takers!!!
                            ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

• Monique
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2011

Good morning. Just got up and that rarely happens to me, although I did take a pill last night. It is not a sleeping pill but a pill that lets me get back to sleep if I awaken.

I quilted at Victoria's Quilts in the morning and picked up my tickets to sell. We have a raffle of two quilts each year in September. Do you remember, we won one last year. Maybe we can win another one this year. The quilt is really nice. I stopped in to see my mother-in-law. Poor woman, she is dressed for winter and sitting in front of her heater. I told her to sit outside in the sunshine and that would warm her up. I transplanted some Lily of the Valley to plant here. My mother loved those and lilacs. I did another load of laundry and then decided to clean my bedroom. Getting rid of some unwanted clothes and stuff. Today I may tackle another room. Tired of all the clutter.

Have a great day everyone.
                              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                              X