Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do you choose fabric online?

When buying on line, I usually get what I love and know when I get around to creating, I'll have something that will go with it. A couple of times I've gotten something that was not what I thought it would be and the I make pillow cases for charity. I love the process of putting fabrics together that are not part of a line.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Whimsically...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a reputation among my children for taking forever and a day to pick out fabrics at the brick-and-mortar store; so I've only bought "a la carte" online a couple of times. Mostly I get pre-cuts from M*QC if I'm going online.
    I did actually call Fabrics.com when I was choosing background fabric to go with a panel. The young man there was so nice; he actually went to their warehouse to look at the fabric and came back to tell me the difference between two dark purples: one was more "prune" and the other more "eggplant"! I was very happy with what I purchased.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    I bought a Bella Solids Swatch Card from Fat Quarter Shop and I love it! It takes out all the guess work. I have to rely solely on ordering online so this was really worth it for me. Here's a link... Bella Solids Color CardModa Fabrics | Fat Quarter Shop
    Thanks so much for this link. I've been looking for something like this. I have lots of fabric I want to match solids to. I just ordered one.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the swatch cards (there's also one for Kona Solids), but I've been reluctant to order one, as it seems so expensive. But I might just have to bite the bullet and get one. I like modern quilts and all solids quilts have something really neat.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought it was expensive, but believe me there is a difference in the shades of just one color, and it does make a difference most of the time.