Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hobbs heirloom 100% cotton

Have you ever seen anything like this? I just opened this package. Would you use it? I was going to try to get my big star top sandwiched and I ordered this king size so I wouldn't have to piece it? What do you think?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	76264
    Vernona

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hobbs heirloom 100% cotton

Yuck! What could it be? I'd want clean batting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If its fuzz that can be wiped off then yeah i would use it, if its a part i wouldn't use anyway i would keep it but ultimately i would likely return it. What is your guess that it is though? It looks like a mold or oil/grease stain.
    Finished is way better than perfect!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's black. That is the worst spot and it's close to the edge. I thought it might be mold. I doesn't seem to have any smell. Should I send it back to amazon and order something different? The top is 110" x 110" and I really don't want to try to piece batting. Help?!
    Vernona

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would send it back. You paid for new, clean batting and that's what I would want.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Hobbs batting for years and love it. I've always found it to be a quality product. But I'd never use a batting with mold on it! If it is grease I'd cut that part off and use the rest, assuming the rest is clean. If there are more spots, by all means return it and get a new one.

Send your picture to the company. They will want to know about it.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Now you probably have to wait to finish your quilt. That's too bad.
    Last edited by cyndiofthevortex; May 18th, 2014 at 07:48 PM.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm even more frustrated now. It's been more than 30 days since I got this from amazon, so no help there. This is the first time I have bought this type. I have other batting but nothing this size. I could make a trip to Joann's to see if they have anything in king size but my local store doesn't stock much batting or I put the top back with the UFO's and wait for another order. Stinks! I have been procrastinating about this one and I finally convinced myself to do it today. Thanks for listening to my rants.
    Vernona

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Doesnt it come sealed. Even though its over 30 days I would show them the picture. Their customer service is pretty good. If its on the inside it is not something you would see till its used.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just called amazon because it is 30 days today since I received it. Unfortunately it was shipped from a third party and I will have to wait for them to get back to me. I guess I'm off to see if I can find another. Thanks.
    Vernona

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have been ordering my batting from WalMart on line. I have it delivered to the store and just pick it up, it only takes a couple of days. I was getting Nature's Touch from JoAnn's and they don't seem to have much of it anymore.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!