Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newly retired and ready for quilting adventures!

Welcome from Quebec,Canada! If there was a group for the Daily Deals, I think it it would not help us quit, it would just keep us anonymous! Lol!thats alright by me, I wont quit that Daily Deal!

2. Thanks Familyjournals thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan Plamondon View Post
    Welcome from Quebec,Canada! If there was a group for the Daily Deals, I think it it would not help us quit, it would just keep us anonymous! Lol!thats alright by me, I wont quit that Daily Deal!
    I'm with you Meghan, I look forward to them, they've got me hooked for sure! Thanks for the welcome.
    ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~Debbie~♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ravelim View Post
    Welcome from Iowa. Sounds like you live in a beautiful place. I live in a small town but it's beautiful,too.

The other day my son brought his 4th and 1st grader to town and told them that when he was little,we would shop within this little 2block area. The older girl didn't miss a beat and said "where's the mall?" Put us in our place!?
    Hope you get back "on your feet" haha. You'll love it here.
    Thank you Mary, my grand chicklets asked me why we moved so far away but it was their parents that did the moving. Whatever we do we have to go into town, but we do have 3 stoplights now. The downhill skiing for the 2002 Olympics was held on the other side of our mountain.
    I've down genealogical research in Iowa and love it! I will be coming back as soon as I'm not attached to a walking apparatus. My ancestors settled in des monies county in 1847. Love it there.
    Last edited by Familyjournals; May 18th, 2014 at 09:55 PM.
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Debbie, welcome from....Utah! Haha, I'm about half an hour south of you in West Bountiful. I too search out my ancestors, glad to have you join us here. ( I would have chimed in sooner, but spent yesterday spring cleaning.)
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

6. Thanks Familyjournals thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sheri View Post
    Hi Debbie, welcome from....Utah! Haha, I'm about half an hour south of you in West Bountiful. I too search out my ancestors, glad to have you join us here. ( I would have chimed in sooner, but spent yesterday spring cleaning.)
    Hi Sheri! Thank you for the welcome! Love beautiful Bountiful!

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know who writes those delightful messages that accompany the daily deal each day?

Pinterest

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

First thing each morning is to check the daily deal. Like most of us I too am a "fabricholic". Wait until you discover the wonderful world of quilt shops. Enjoy your retirement.

10. Thanks Familyjournals thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandraC View Post
    First thing each morning is to check the daily deal. Like most of us I too am a "fabricholic". Wait until you discover the wonderful world of quilt shops. Enjoy your retirement.
    My friends have been loving quilt shops for years and are excited that I'm going to be joining them on their quests. We have a cute little shop at the base of our canyon. I just missed a shop hop. It was the week of my foot surgeries, look toward to going to those too! The quilt shop I'm looking forward to visiting the most is in Hamilton Missouri!

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from another DD addict from North Carolina!!! My DD arrives each morning at 645 am and I am ready with hot cup of tea in hand when it hits my iPad!!
    I retired at the end of 2013, but prior to that I arrived at work by 630am and had my iPad up and waiting in time for the DD.
    I like to add things to my wish list and when a DD I need comes along I can just pull from the wish list and get a multi order done in no time!! (Just like I did this morning!! ).
    We have lots of quilt shops in and around Raleigh NC which my GF and I frequent whenever we plan a get together! We are both taking a tuffet class (quilted footstool) class in July at a LQS. Can't wait!! Will send pics when I'm done!!
    Enjoy all things M*.
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

13. Thanks Familyjournals thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irishrn View Post
    Welcome from another DD addict from North Carolina!!! My DD arrives each morning at 645 am and I am ready with hot cup of tea in hand when it hits my iPad!!
    I retired at the end of 2013, but prior to that I arrived at work by 630am and had my iPad up and waiting in time for the DD.
    I like to add things to my wish list and when a DD I need comes along I can just pull from the wish list and get a multi order done in no time!! (Just like I did this morning!! ).
    We have lots of quilt shops in and around Raleigh NC which my GF and I frequent whenever we plan a get together! We are both taking a tuffet class (quilted footstool) class in July at a LQS. Can't wait!! Will send pics when I'm done!!
    Enjoy all things M*.
    Love your great ideas! I would love to see your footstool when you are done! I started purchasing from DD several months ago in anticipation of life after my heavy schedules with work. So far I don't feel retired yet, just need to recover from my foot surgeries and I'm off running!
    I created a wish list called "already purchased" so I can keep track of what I have. This way I try to keep the over buying to a minimum. Since everyday is a new day and I seem to forget that I already purchased things.
    I have seen "LQS" referenced to before, what does that stand for? I'm so excited to get going with all of this! Thanks for your post! I'm going to like it here! I already do!

Pinterest