Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bow Tucks Bag help

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    Great. It was good to see them next to each other. I like the larger size myself. Ok, last question for now. What do you use for the bottom. I am getting ready to order the pellon and figured I could add thatto my order as well. Do you use cardboard or plastic? Thanks much for the help
    I have found what I think is the perfect 'bag bottom'. It's called corrugated plastic (same design as you see in corrugated cardboard boxes. It's very firm, cuts great (with a rotary cutter) and when I attach feet to the totes, this plastic is easy to poke a hole through with the blade of my scissors. That way the bag bottom is secured too. Or you can just made a little pillow case for it. I bought it at Lowes for about ten dollars and that is enough for lots of totes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of using that! I have double thick corrugated cardboard that came in a box from a TV we bought that I use, but I'm almost out of it. I do make sleeves for it to fit in and just fold the end over and tape it closed so it can be removed for washing. I have never put feet on mine, but my sister sews buttons on her for feet. I don't set my bags on the floor. The bottom of mine are all faux suede.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I never thought of using that! I have double thick corrugated cardboard that came in a box from a TV we bought that I use, but I'm almost out of it. I do make sleeves for it to fit in and just fold the end over and tape it closed so it can be removed for washing. I have never put feet on mine, but my sister sews buttons on her for feet. I don't set my bags on the floor. The bottom of mine are all faux suede.
    Pat, I agree with you about setting them on the floor, I don't do that ever. The first person who ordered a tote from me asked for feet. Now I add them all the time because I like the look and I really like that the feet hang on to the bag bottom. So, I just ladder stitch the lining together at the bottom opening. Thank you again for all the advise.... I appreciate it very much.

4. Thanks Shadowirish thanked for this post