Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default So sad about my fur baby

I noticed that a lot of quilters sew a lot when dealing with grief or sadness. Not me. I have several quilts ready to go (fabric cut and waiting). I wish I could as it seems all I am doing is walking in circles. (I would say running in circles, but gosh, these allergies are so bad that I am too tired to run, so it's walking in circles for me). Ok, to be honest, the quilt that I am making from my brother's shirts has been put away for the time being as it was just too much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kc thread.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	75930
    What has me in such a rut? My fur baby cat is sick-really sick. KC has been my constant companion for over 15 years. He loves ME even though we got him for the kids. He follows me around like a dog, sits beside me, watches me while I sleep but never demands me to wake (ummm-UNLIKE the other kitty lol). When we lived on the lake, he would walk to the point when I went Kayaking and wait until I came back and then follow along the shore until I got to the dock.

He has cancer and his days are coming to an end-faster than I want, faster than I expected. He still waits for me to wake in the morning, and still enjoys sitting in the sun. But a sad decision is coming soon to me and I am not ready. Funny how a pet can rip at your heart. He has a new cushion and the door is now left open for him. None of this using the cat flap/door for him!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KC napping.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	75929

2. Thanks Slokarma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So sad about my fur baby

Vicky, I am so sorry about your sweet fur baby's illness. What a sweet companion he is! And yes, you are facing a difficult decision. I hope his last days with you are happy and pain free.

My boy is 17-1/2. That time will be facing me soon, I fear. It will indeed be difficult.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

He sounds like the perfect cat and companion. I really hate this part about pets. So sorry for you!
    ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry Vicky.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful cat he is. My Bugger Baby is 14 1/2 and my sewing buddy. She comes in the bedroom near time to get up and lays down next to me until the alarm goes off, then she turns on the light (tap light) and helps me find my glasses. Next stop bathroom where we pee together in our respective spots, then off to the kitchen to turn on the coffeepot for hubby and get bugger baby some food. She was born in our house and I helped birth her and cut the cord as her mom was a teeny tiny kitty and stressed with 4 beautiful longhairs to deliver.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs and prayers ((((((Vicky))))))))
    ~Kathy~

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

{{{{{{{{Hugs and prayers}}}}}}}}}} We lost all three of our elderly cats in the last year. I keep telling myself it wouldn't hurt so bad if it hadn't been so good! You will find that the laughs will start to outweigh the tears over time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs to you Vicky...I watched my daughter go thru this 2 times last year with her 20 year old dog(cancer) and when her sweet loving cat passed away. Its a hard thing to go thru but you will know when its time to let go and a weight will be lifted knowing that your fur baby isn't sick anymore. Genny
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you hugs - and strength to make the decision when it is right for you and for KC. Two of our older cats wandered off last fall - and there isn't a day goes by that I don't miss them.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. Hugs to your kitty.