Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default The OFFICIAL Sunday Morning MOTHERS DAY edition! (lol)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY-- to all the moms, and the like-a-moms (which category allows for any person who supports, encourages and loves any other person) in my world!

It promises to be sunny...unlike the rain that interrupted our craft show yesterday...
    And I will have my darling daughter with me, and at some point my precious Laylabug...

I know that today can be ---a hot mess of horrible I cant wait for this day to end--- for so many people, so tread lightly and hug tightly someone in your world today... everyone can use a hug.... and you really cant have too many and they never expire....

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((GroupHug))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

In case yours got lost in the mail....
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The OFFICIAL Sunday Morning MOTHERS DAY edition! (lol)

Group hug for sure. Happy Mothers day to all. A good day to create memories as well as remember moms and grandmoms who have left us too soon. Blessing to everyone
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	75632

Hugs Ann

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, Trish. Wishing everyone a day filled with hugs, smiles, happy phone calls and special memories.

Happy Mother's Day
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Mothers Day to all our Moms!!. Wish my mom were still here so we could celebrate.

My day will be a hot mess as you say.

I will be making lasagna for my dinner with garlic toast. after I do 3 loads of wash and hang it out and pull the 50 meatballs out of the oven for dinner another night, mow the lawn, and hang the new paper towel dispenser I may possibly get to sew, if I have any energy left and hubby has nothing else he need done... He will be lounging in bed watching movies. Since he works longer, harder then me its his day I guess as is every weekend. Rant over.

I got not one but 2 nice boxes of chocolates from my son, and my other son helped me get my music on my phone. so all is good. Hubby can't help the way he was raised.. (30 years with me has taught him nothing)
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Mother's Day all! I was reflecting on my mom, grandmothers and aunts and mil's that were all around me growing up and thinking about how they all had an influence on who I am today. Something a little bit different from each of them. Of course, there were a few other women who were not actually related to me but were large influences on my life too. One very special lady that I always think about is a woman named Polly who I met through my church in California. I started doing some work for her (she and her husband owned an interior decorator's workshop) and we became very close. She is the one who really got me back into sewing again too. She was a very special woman in my life.

I was also thinking about how wonderful it is to watch my two step-daughters stepping into their roles as mothers and aunts and how nurturing they both are. It's such a beautiful thing to see evolving.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great Way to put it Trish - Best Day for All.

DS#1 was over last night with a huge hanging basket of hanging plants. When he heard we were having Chinese food for dinner he came a bit early to eat with us. His youngest DD is home from college but she didn't join us as this is the first Mother's Day since her Mom passed. Tomorrow DS and her will buy some flats of annuals and plant them around the house just as her Mom used to do. DS left us around 8 to stop over at his Mom in laws for coffee and dessert and to give her a basket of hanging plants.

DS#2 and wife MJ are taking me out for a late lunch this afternoon at a local Irish restaurant. They are stopping at local cemetery before to visit MJ's parent's grave and to leave some flowers for her Mom.

DS#3 is in a 2 day Relay race on Cape Cod so I'll probably hear from him when he is resting in between his runs.

Have received cards from several DGD's and expect some calls later.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Trish, indeed. My Mom can't be with me. She is sitting at that great big table in the sky today along with all the other Moms who can't be with us.

It is just hubby and I today, but I do know the boys will be calling me sometime today.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

HMD to all!
    It's always a special day for me as it was always in my family.. I'm blessed having been brought up in an environment where Mom's were always cherished and treated with a lot of repect... I lived for a bit with my "Nana and Grandpa",,, visited both sides about every weekend,, and in turn did the same with our children,, they came for a visit, or we went to them... in their later years... we went every weekend with prepared food or just for a check in...My house was "both sides" EVERY Holiday,,, all 4 were great buddies....lucky for me,,, I'm reaping what I have sewn..Off to my DD's MIL's house for the day...How lucky I am!!!
    Today will be a bit hard,, my DS has moved to FL,,, a "huge deal" for us all,,, but he's in a really good place and I could not have wished for more... again.. God has been so good to me..I believe this will be the FIRST Mother's Day without both my children..!

Ginny,,, I too had a wonderful mentor, that I credit with my knit and crochet talent... and most all things crafted by hand.. my "Other Mother" I always called her..

They are all gone now and the only things I don't have is a "blood GC",,, we have Ryan,, my DD's step,,, and he's 26,, so I may get a GGC before I go...LOL
    So for all you women out there that work so hard and love so much.... Happy Mother's Day to you all.... I keep you in my heart!!
    Barbara
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Mother's Day! Up today at 6am. DH still in bed (we stayed up late watching a movie). I sent flowers and chocolates to my mom last week so they would arrive Friday. I will call her today, and my sisters. DH lost his mom a few years ago so its a bit painful still for him. DD#2 will be celebrating with her hubby, I'm sure. He's a great SIL and will spoil her today.

I will be cleaning a bit and sewing if I can. Hugs to all.
    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
    Maya Angelou

~Megan~