Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Granddaughters Sewing Machine Birthday

You're a terrific Grandma! I can still remember my Grandma teaching me how to sew on the machine and by hand. You are giving her a gift that she can enjoy for the rest of her life.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your doing a wonderful thing,, and I so envy you having someone to pass this along to... Post some of her work if you will,, I really enjoy seeing the young girls bloom,,, they will be the ones carrying on the traditions we love..
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I will post pictures with her and her machine and some other items she has made

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

That is so awesome of you. I have sewn and done just about everything there is to do with a needle, hook, etc. since I was about 8. I had my first sewing machine at 8, it was a Singer that ran either on batteries or electricity. I have 2 daughters and they had a really good home economics program in their Jr High school. I have done my best to pass my love of needlearts to them and plan to teach my future daughter in law how to sew.
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...very Nice! My 8 yo GD loves to sew too and I taught her to sew a lap quilt, but I don't get to see her much and no one else in her other family sews! But can I ask...why a Baby Lock...if she is going to be quilting? I am not up on Baby Lock machines...so maybe I don't know what they do. But I am interested in a new machine and also...if I am allowed to..get GD one so I am trying to learn the best for me and her!