Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!! ARGH!!!

So I'm making a table runner....got the top done, make the quilt top, batting, backing sammich and go to sew it. I put it together so I could turn it and wouldn't have to bind it.....get half way sewn around it and realize that I put the batting where the backing goes!!!! ARGH!!!!!! Now I have to rip it all out!!!! I was so mad I threw it in a heap in the corner...I'll go back and fix it tomorrow when I cool down a little. I've been sewing for 15 years! I should have caught that!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!! ARGH!!!

Tegan, be a little kind to yourself, you wouldn't believe the silly things I've been known to do after more years of experience than you. We are not perfect...thank goodness, we are human and mistakes are part of the territory. Fix it tomorrow and have a good chuckle while you are doing it.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tegan, was that about the time I was trying to put the salt and pepper in the refrigerator? I'm blaming mine on a cosmic hiccup or something. Stupid things done for no good reason always get me. Thankfully you caught it before you finished it!

I am sure it will be fine once you finish it the way you had intended!

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't ya just hate that!?! Time to let the blood pressure come down. Tomorrow is another day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

leave that heap in the corner. It's still there tomorrow, believe me. Then it starts nagging and you'll do it in no time. And right I'm sure of that.
    things like that happen, when we stress ourselves. Be cool and stay cool! Don't rush! and everything will be ok.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tegan, thanks for reminding me I'm not the only one who has ARGH!!! moments. don't worry about it. You'll fix it and it will be a beauty with a funny story to boot.
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been sewing all my life, and I have things like this happen still. I know how frustrating it is and we kick ourselves, but eventually we can laugh and realize we are all human and goof up. Rest assured you are not alone!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I think that I have more ARGH ! moments than I have regular moments.....my hubby says that it's because I don't plan enough. I say I just have lots of ideas floating around in my head.
    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

With every project I do there is always something I have to rip out. wether small or big. It seems like every time my hubby asks what Im doing I say ripping out. he just laughs. Something like what you did would be perfect for saving when you are sitting in front of the tv at night and ripping it out. That way you can keep sewing through the day..lol

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Oh please...........you are not alone. I can't count the times I have ripped and ripped. Stay away from it for a while and then when you pick it up again it will be perfect.
    Elaine