Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default COC Quilt Received

For those who don't know, here on the forum we have a group of quilting angels known as the Circle of Comfort Quilt Guild, and they send quilts to those in need of a quilty hug. Well yesterday I became the lucky recipient of one of their beautiful quilts and could not have been more surprised or excited. Even my dear husband was taken aback at the love and generosity of our dear members

I have been gone for a little while, so I will try to give a little backstory for any new members (Hi guys! Welcome! ) and an update for all of my dear friends:

I have a rare condition called Subglottic Stenosis, which means that below my vocal cords I have a ring of scar tissue that continues to grow, despite multiple attempts to keep it at bay. Every two months I have surgery to re-open my trachea by way of a balloon dilation which stretches the scar tissue so I can have a few weeks of easy breathing. So far, I have had five of these surgeries since May of 2013 when I was first diagnosed, my most recent being this past Thursday (Maundy Thursday). Thursday's surgery was a little rougher than the others (I even managed to scare a few nurses by turning blue ), so that's why the arrival of this precious gift was even more special and meaningful.

So, an update for those who already knew the story (and those of you who are now caught up ): I am still in the "surgery-every-two-months" routine, but I have finally gotten a referral to a surgeon on the mainland and will be seeing him in the coming months to see if I am a candidate for a tracheal resection which will hopefully end this stenosis bit once and for all!

So now that I've babbled for much too long, here's the pictures you've been waiting for:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Label.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	74235

Name:	Quilt1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	74233

Name:	SassyBoots.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	74234

This sassy face? That's Boots. Ever since I wrestled the quilt out of the box (Thanks for the laughs Karen!) Boots has believed that this quilt is now HERS and was made specifically for her comfort and hers alone lol So now the quilt lives at the foot of my bed so it can make me smile and still allow her to snuggle "her" quilt, and having it spread out means that she no longer fights with her sister over who gets to lay on it

So I want to say thank you to Karen, and Blondie, and the COC group for this wonderful gift. It means more than you can imagine And, I LOVE the fabrics! I actually love all things Asian, but rarely talk about it so it's a pretty awesome coincidence that these pretty fabrics became my quilt
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: COC Quilt Received

How beautiful!

Glad to hear the good news on the referral too.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you received the referral finally. Hope all goes well for it. Yes the forum has a super group of caring people.
    Vicki C

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love your COC and glad that you are sharing with your kitty! Hope the referral goes the way you want it to. A permanent fix sounds good - keeping you in my prayers! Hope you come out to play with us more often.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So good to hear from you!! Glad that referral finally came through!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous quilt! And I hope that this last surgery lasts for a while. Sending you virtual hugs!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys You're all too sweet!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are really having some tough times I am sure. Hang in there, the right procedure will come. So sorry you have to deal with it at all. And, hang here for good thoughts and laughs. Laughter always good for healing
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You deserve it. I'd love to see a picture of the quilt without the big ole' cat on it. LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dee......so happy to hear that you finally got your referral! Hoping everything will fall into place quickly now.

Love, love the quilt! The fabrics are gorgeous........Karen, awesome job!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?