Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember me?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Remember me?

Hi all! Remember when I asked for help finding fabric for a JRR quilt for MIL's friend who just found out she has cancer? Well I ended up going with the Fiesta line from Connecting Threads, and the quilt FINALLY made it to Alberta today I forgot to take pictures before I sent it, because I'm a moron, but I got MIL to take some for me so I thought I would share! You guys still like pictures, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0138.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	74155
    Front

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	74156
    Back

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	74157
    Applique

Name:	Label-Edit.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	74158
    Label

So, some notes to hopefully answer any and all questions. I cut out the diamond applique in two parts using a Silhouette Cameo, and it was AWESOME! The white background was cut about 1/2" smaller than the black outline that was laid over top. However it was a bit of a pain to stitch around ALL of those little facets of the diamond. Next time I will definitely be cutting a simpler shape lol And I quilted and appliqued using a variegated thread from CT as well, it's red, blue and yellow.

Also, I have no idea why my strips came out mirrored like that! I did cut a chunk off at the beginning to try and avoid that, but I also used two 20pc jelly rolls that were identical, so maybe that's why. Either way, I was not changing it once I realized what was happening, it was too late then! And I hand stitched the quilt label, so don't look too close. Don't you love my pro blur job on the names? I know, I'm just too good

I apologize for the poor picture quality, they were taken with FIL's iPhone (but thumbs up for him figuring out how to send me pictures from his phone at least! lol) But at least smaller pictures means less detail, and less detail means you can't see how many mistakes I made!

That's not the only quilt related news I have today, I also received a COC quilt from Karen and I LOVE it! But pictures will have to wait as it is currently underneath two sleeping cats who are curled up so tight that you would never guess there was a folded quilt under those fluffy butts! They're trying to cover every square inch so there is no confusion as to who the quilt REALLY belongs to lol I also just had another surgery on Thursday, so I'm a little slow getting around. But I will get pictures soon, I promise It's too cute not to share!

Thanks for peeking in!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

2. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Remember me?

I like the primary colors in the quilt and love the backing fabric. Glad you mentioned your blur job, I thought you burned holes in your label somehow. JRR quilts are funny, sometimes the colors are all spread out and other times they seem to migrate together - it's hit and miss, but I like the quilt.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    I like the primary colors in the quilt and love the backing fabric. Glad you mentioned your blur job, I thought you burned holes in your label somehow. JRR quilts are funny, sometimes the colors are all spread out and other times they seem to migrate together - it's hit and miss, but I like the quilt.
    Oh my goodness, I would have CRIED if anything happened to that label! lol All of those tiny stitches just to stitch out a handful of words, it took me a whole evening! Mostly because I don't have the first clue about hand embroidery of course, but that's another story
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to see you! I miss you

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    It's nice to see you! I miss you
    I miss you too! I'm hopefully going to be back a little more soon, I'm getting a little more used to the surgery routine and my giant is doing a little better too so things are starting to level out a bit and I'm able to sew here and there (obviously, I made a quilt! lol)
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dee..........so good to see your post! We've missed you! Your quilt looks great and I love the prints you used. Take care of yourself after this surgery......we hope to see you here more often. What a great surprise getting a COC quilt in the mail from Karen.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love how the stripes came out, I think it looks pretty cool. Good to hear you could get some quilting in.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Dee, I've missed you! Continue to take good care of yourself, and pop in whenever you can.
    Miss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a sight for sore eyes to see you posting, Dee. You are highly regarded and loved by many here at the forum.
    Your jelly roll turned out ever so lovely and I am certain it is quite encouraging.
    Here's a big hug for you, with a smile on the side.

Blessings,
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to hear from you. I really like your quilt...awesome colors! Take care.