Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to forum~~I Love The Missouri Star Quil Company~~!!

Hello Everyone~~I am Patricia~~I live in Ga with my Husband and 2 dogs, an old poodle and a 1 year old miny schnauzer. I have 2 children in college, a son, Matthew and a daughter, Rachael. I am a nurse for almost 30 years and work in home health. My passions are quilting, sewing, painting and gardening. I have used this quilt site for a while now, ordered a daily deal charm pack the other day and have used most of the tutorials, so I thought what the heck I might as well register!! OH, almost forgot, my sewing machine has been in the repair shop for almost a month so I am sort of going crazy!! I don't think it can be fixed. It is a Janome and I truly love it!! I may be geting a new one and don't know if I will trust Janome again. Any ideas on a good machine to buy that doesn't cost a fortune? Any input will be appreciated. .
    I gotta go, have a meeting to attend in a litle while.
    ~~~~~Smiles to Everyone!!~~~~Patricia~~~~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New to forum~~I Love The Missouri Star Quil Company~~!!

Welcome Patricia from New Hampshire. You're gonna love it here. Lots of inspiration and great advice! Sounds like you keep busy with your hobbies. As for machines, I think we will all say get the best you can afford. Me, I've always been loyal to Singer and have a Singer Confidence Quilter that I got last year. I've been happy with it. It didn't break my pocket book. Got it at JoAnnes on sale.
    Good luck finding the right machine for you!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Vermont. I just got a Janome and so far am happy with it - although your story scared me! haha. I'm new to quilting/sewing so I don't really have any good advice. Everything I've read says to try a bunch out. Enjoy the forum!
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Patricia and welcome from Canada,

You keep yourself pretty busy. You will love the people here, they are so wonderful.

I hand-quilt so I don't know much about those fancy machines. But good luck.

Happy quilting,
    Monique

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Patricia, Welcome from SW PA. Good luck with your sewing machine. I have a Husqvarna Viking from the Sapphire Series. I love it but it was pricy.
    Elaine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Patricia, welcome from New Jersey! I had two miniature schnauzers - what wonderful dogs!!! Sounds like you keep yourself busy, good luck finding a new machine. I have a Singer Confidence Quilter also, and am happy with it so far, just got it in January.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Connecticut! I have a Bernina 430. With my trade-in and specials that were running on Bernina machines at that time, I couldn't resist the price. I also have a Janome and love that one as well. I'd suggest trying out several machines before you settle on one. If your heart is set on another Janome then go for it. They are very sturdy and reliable machines.
    Susan

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Martha for the great advice!!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nancy~~Didn't mean to scare you!! There was nothing wrong with the Janome stitches, it was sewing perfectly, never had any problems with it at all. It is something with the computer chip that communicates with the main sewing panel. I know I am not making any sense!! The man working on it is a pro with sewing machines and is searching dearly for another chip.
    Anyway~You will love your machine~~ So get to sewing and send me some pictures!!
    ~~Patricia~~

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Elaine~~Thanks so much for your input~~So nice to meet you!!
    Patricia