Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binding Tool

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Binding Tool

Comments on the Binding Tool, please. Joining binding is not a good experience for me. IF this works then it may be what I ned.

Thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Binding Tool

It is a bit tricky, just warning that it isn't the magic bullet some wish it to be. I think the latest technique that uses NO TOOL is the best way. Jenny demonstrated it in her latest binding tutorial. It's called "The Ultimate Quilt Binding Tutorial".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vCWpxBRs20

In the first binding tool tutorial, the tool itself needed some modifications which I think they have done. Jenny did a second tutorial but I can't find it. But I think in her machine binding tutorial, she explains the other method for joining the binding without a tool.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; April 18th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

3. Thanks Michelle M thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I purchased the tool but I think her latest video without it is the best. The only thing I do differently (because I don't like to unpick) is to baste the seam first, check it, then sew.
    Vernona

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use it all the time. I used to have to watch the video each time but now I can do it without the video. It is the easiest way I've found to do my binding. Don't give up after one try...you'll get it.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use it all the time but have not been using it lately, learned to overlap the two ends the cut to equal the binding width the sew the two ends, this works best 'specially when working on a smaller project or with a 2 1/4" binding width.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It works just fine, BUT I could NEVER remember how to use it!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone.... The technique Jenny teacher in the Ultimate Binding Tutorial is much easier to do than the one using the binding tool..... I don't think I ever really got it right..... It's great to use as a template for a braid design.... Jenny teaches that in another tutorial....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have one too and I thought it would make joining binding quicker, but naw. I enjoy the binding part and don't have any problems joining it. I just wanted to try it. I don't even use it now except for a template. Jenny did a tutorial on a table runner using it.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love the binding tool, it works every time for me. I used to have to watch the video because I couldn't remember which way to turn the tool. But last week I made the braid table runner and didn't have to watch the video at all. I love it.

Phyllis

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Love all of the replies and personal thoughts. At this time I am not to the point to "work with binding" so, I have time to digest all comments. Thanks again.