Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default A few rough weeks but bouncing back now!

What a time we have had in Daisy world! Mr Daisy is on warpheren..? spelling! His heart was damaged by his Chemo and radiation treatment and he now has to have an operation. Meantime he is going around claiming he can't do......this...or that.....because he has a 'poorly heart'! Rolls eyes, the man is a nut. Anyway he is now on a humongous amount of this drug and his blood hasn't thinned at all! He can't have the op until it has thinned.

Meantime, I have been in hospital. Has been rough but I am out now and feeling a bit better.

Then............ yesterday I had to take my old boy Boris to be put to sleep. He was the biggest, sweetest and most gentle Maine Coon and we will miss him loads, but he is out of pain now and that is what is important.

So now it is mid April, the sun is out and the daffodils are everywhere. England is pretty again and the wind hasn't blown the blossom off my damson tree for the first time in about 5 years. I have some lovely new fabric, good friends, a great....if slightly crazy husband and I still have two lovely cats. Life is back on track again.

So long Boris old friend. I am sure you will make sure that St Peter feeds you at EXACTLY 5 o'clock!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A few rough weeks but bouncing back now!

So sorry to hear about your many woes! My husband had to take warfarin, I hate that drug because it is so hard to regulate how much to take for the right dose. And I hope you are feeling better. So sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby Boris. My boy is going on 18, that sad day will be facing me soon, although my baby seems to be in decent health. Thanks for the update on what has been going on in your world. I hope Stewart gets through the heart operation OK, scary thing, heart operations!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Daisy, so sorry to hear that your hubby is having a rough time. A lot of patients that have cancer end up on warfarin because they are more susceptible to blood clots. Hope things settle down for the two of you. Also, sorry for the loss of your furry friend. We had 2 German shepherds, we had to put Sheba down in November last year and then Sam developed congestive heart failure in December and we had to put him down too. They were 13 years old. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. Still missing them.
    Hang tough...
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Daisy, sorry to hear about your fur baby Boris. So hard to make that decision for our ailing friends. Big hugs.
    I hope Mr Daisy is feelin on top of things soon.
    Meanwhile I wish for your speedy recovery.
    ​Robyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Daisy, so sorry you're going through all of this. Will be praying for you and Stewart. Sorry to hear about Boris. So hard letting go of our furry friends.
    Hugs to both of you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that Daisy World has been quite Upsee Daisy for awhile. Glad you're feeling better, you need all your strength to deal with a man with a poorly heart. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blessings.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	73452

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Boris and Spike, my old man Weiner dog can have dinner together now. Lost Spike last week. Believe me, when 5 pm rolls around and that dog didn't have his dinner he would be growling and barking to let someone know. I hope everything works out for you and Mr. D. I have a friend of that was on hearts meds for 5 years after her breast cancer treatments.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is always good to hear from you Daisy. Sorry to hear you were in hospital but glad you feeling better. I also hope Stewart gets better so he can have his operation. Prayers going out to both of you. Sorry about your cat, he was sure lucky to have you as owners.

Take care.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear about your Hubby and Boris not to mention yourself...that's a lot on one plate, Daisy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodness, Daisy! I was wondering about you. I hadn't heard back from you with a tracking number or any word from you about shipment of the quilts, and I began to worry that something was wrong. I guess I had good reason to be concerned. Sorry to hear you two have been having such a time of it. Having to put one of your babies to sleep on top of everything else... The old saying "adding insult to injury" seems to apply. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that Stewart's blood thinning happens soon so he can have his operation. You both are such troopers. Thinking about you and a big howdy to Mr. D. Let him know we're hoping for things to improve with this blood issue so he can have the necessary surgery. Please keep us abreast of the situation.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.