Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Finished a Day Early!

Yep, we all know what tomorrow is (cue evil sounding music ... dum de dum dummmmm) Tax Day!

I have been a tax procrastinator for the past 20 years or so, ever since the very first time I owed them money. I was usually done with my taxes by mid-January at the latest, until that dreaded year. I did all the forms and what not and found out I owed! I was ticked! I kept my tax forms and check until late evening of April 15th and mailed it out then. Funny thing is, all I owed was $100.00. I think the most I've ever had to send the feds since then was $1666.00.

Anyway, I just finished the taxes a little while ago. My daughter is getting almost $1500.00 back in combined federal and state taxes. My hubby and I are actually getting a federal refund this year!!! Hold on to your hats - a whopping $33.00!!! Haha, of course we owe the state $70.00 and turbo tax cost me $120.00 this year. Still, all in all that's not bad for us. Just glad I don't have to send them as much as my daughter is getting back, it's happened that way before too ...
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I Finished a Day Early!

Today is my daughter's birthday. My dad came into the recovery room after she was born, looked at both of us to check out that we were OK and said, Goodbye, I have to go home to do my taxes! Luckily, my hubby and I already had ours done!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Today is my daughter's birthday. My dad came into the recovery room after she was born, looked at both of us to check out that we were OK and said, Goodbye, I have to go home to do my taxes! Luckily, my hubby and I already had ours done!
    Hehe, at least he put you and the grandbaby first!

If the IRS would send us a charm pack or two it might be easier sending them money ...
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today is my DH birthday and our tradition used to be...dinner out then stop by post office to mail taxes (we try to plan so we pretty much break even, no big payments or refunds) but now with e-filing the tradition is no longer happening.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Karen. What's the rush? You still have lots of hours til the dum de dum dum music. I just finished ours yesterday not because I didn't want to do them. I was just too lazy to go out and get ink for my printer. Only getting a small return; not much to put away for a new sewing machine, but better than paying.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DH finished ours tonight - I am working on my mom's - should be finished within the next hour or so...
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If I know I'm getting a refund I ALWAYS submit early ...... but when I have to pay I like to hold on to my money as long as I can. I love it the years when the 15th falls on a Sunday and I get an extra day to pay.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yuk! Thankfully the accountant at Scott's work does ours every year. All I have to do is get it to him and then Scott takes him out for lunch as payment. I despise taxes! Makes me ill to see how much I pay in and how we STILL owe at the end of the year.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We get to pay $200 this year....guess I better send it off tomorrow!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We filed our taxes this past Saturday. Our tax preparer sold the business and we had a new tax person after 30+ years...the jury is still out on whether we'll keep using her.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*