Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Santa Table runner completed

Quote Originally Posted by whimpysue View Post
    I wish I had the courage to fmq on my brother machine. (I have the SE400).
    I hear what you are saying. I was so scared when I first started FMQ. I actually joined a group called Fear No More FMQ on another website (which is now virtually non-active). I was sure I would either sew through my finger, ruin the quilt, or damage my sewing machine. I almost quite thee times. In fact the second time I was really determined to quit (this was at month two). I wasn't having any fun and I wasn't making any progress on getting better. The only reason I gave it another try was I didn't want to let Barbara down. She was the leader of the Fear No More FMQ group and so helpful. Somewhere in month three I started to slowly get better. At month four I was making serious progress. The quilting on this table runner is with 6 months of FMQ under my belt.

FMQ quilt one hour every day. Practice drawing on paper, a white board, or a magnadoodle. You will build "muscle memory" and get better. If I can do it, you can do.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Santa Table runner completed

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieVic View Post
    I wouldn't be able to wait for Christmas so I could put it on display.
    I feel the same way. Now I have to wait seven months to display it. I have another table runner pattern from that designer with water lilies on it, called Midsummers Dream, but I can't remember where I put the pattern. Grr!