Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Someone PLEASE stop me!

As most of you know, I have been having serious problems with my BP. I've been keeping a detailed log for my doctor... I'll be seeing her tomorrow..... My Systolic has gotten as high as 224, and my diastolic has been anywhere from 59 - 115 (with the 224) .... The diastolic ni,bred are generally in the 60', though not always.

I have done THE BAD THING..... which my DD warned me not to do.... I have been researching everything I can find on BP problems.... High systolic and low diastolic, in particular.....and have proceeded to scare myself... I've done this before, but usually a grandson is sick.... I've scared myself them too. I diagnosed one with MS, which was, of course wrong.....

PLEASE..... Someone stop me from "researching".... A a former paramedic, I know just enough to be dangerous... But.. It's so tempting..... There is so much information out there.... It's hard to resist, you know?

Anyway, I have myself with one foot in the grave..... HELP,

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Someone PLEASE stop me!

Quote Originally Posted by easyquilts View Post
    There is so much information out there....
    There is a lot of misinformation out there.

Instead of wasting your time researching the BP thing on the internet you should have gone to the Urgent Care or ER instead of waiting on your doctor to get back into town. Numbers as high as yours have been aren't something to mess around with and wait on.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Take your meds and calm down!!!! I've recently been there and done that and it's not fun! Do everything your doctor says and it will all work out fine.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Take a deep breath, then another one, and then another! You have had so much going on in your life lately that it is no wonder your blood pressure is out of whack! And self diagnosing yourself isn't helping! Waiting for the test results and fearing the worst is always a BP accelerant. Do something you enjoy and that relaxes you. It is what it is. When you see the Dr tomorrow, she will have a plan of care for you to help get that BP down. And follow her directions to the T. I had a heart attack at the age of 41. I am now the proud owner of two heart stents and am on blood thinners for the rest of my life. If I had listened to my Dr prior to my heart attack, I may well have avoided it. And I should know better; I was a nurse for 20 years!!!

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Get off the internet and get your butt to the ER...they can take care of it.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know in Feb. when I had some wierd symptoms, i was sure I had one foot in the grave until I found out all tests found nothing. Funny thing, my symptoms disappeared! My dr. Knows to take my BP at least twice, because itis always high when I go in, then comes down after the exam. I truly hate doctors, not personally, just hate the idea of going for checkups because they make me a crazy woman!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you find yourself starting to type something go look at pics of your grand kids instead.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Dr Sandy...will you be performing your own surgery too?

I hope your Dr spanks you! You should have gone to the ER or even to a pharmacy, they check BP these days and THEY would have told you to go to the ER or you could have called your DR's service and they would have told you to go to the ER. Everybody here has told you to go to the ER.....hmmmm I don't know much, but that spread in the numbers is way to much...go to the ER!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, I am glad you are seeing your doc tomorrow - please stop reading on the internet about blood pressure. Follow your doc's instructions to the t and give yourself a hug from me.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'm so glad your appt is tomorrow, and please let us know you are OK as soon as you get back home! (Good Thoughts)