Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Into the Stratosphere!

Hmm, I'd buy a commercial 10 needle embroidery machine over that one to do my onesie. lol Yikes indeed! Or rather a cute classic 1965 Convertible Mercedes...that will at least be worth something after I bring it home. Or at least Don won't divorce me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1965-Mercedes-Benz-230SL-EV.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	72956
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

2. Thanks Slokarma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bet you still have to buy the foot you really really want. I was thinking about this last night. I bought a machine that was advertised as a quilting machine. It came with poor little horizontal thread spool that barely fits the average spool of thread, it came with a walking foot that is pure misery to use with a 1/4 inch seam....or anything under a 1/2 inch for that matter. I have to FIND a 1/4 inch foot for a 9mm machine that fits the speeecial walking foot. The more I use this machine, the more PO'd I get. (Totally my bad for purchasing it. I was operating in stupid mode right before the holidays.)

Anyways the point is, IF it's a QUILTING machine, WHY don't they at least combine the bare essentials to make it a proper QUILTING machine??? AND, why did I buy it without these two items included! #DUH

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

WOW It does look good but not in my price range.
    What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a mighty hefty price tag. Like Jean says, a long-arm and frame could be had for that kind money!
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There was a Bernina kiosk in one of our Hancock stores. They went out of that store in 2011. They were selling out their highest end embroidery machine at a discount, still over $10K. The saleslady was making her pitch to me ( because I was walking by and had a pulse). When I told her I was remodeling my kitchen and was spending money in that, her reply was " Well I'd rather have this machine than a kitchen!" Hey Chickie, you do need to eat, but you don't need to embroider! I guess this tells the story of why they are gone. One other big retailer gave up on Bernina that same year. I have a Bernina from long ago, it was pricey then, but I did get my money's worth of use from it. But they are nuts on their pricing of these embroidery machines. The other high end machines in the $8-10K range are ridiculously expensive, too. I'm with Ruby, I'll buy a stand alone embroidery machine for that kind of money. I spoke to my Janome dealer, he agrees with me!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

YOWZERS! Don't think so.
    Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh hey, let me rush right out and buy 4 of those!

You know, I have been going back and forth for a while now thinking about one of the sit down longarms. Those run about $6000 and I have yet to convince myself that one would be worth the cost. I'm pretty sure I would really enjoy having it and would use it a lot, but still, 6 grand for a sewing machine is a lot.

Like others have said, I'd invest in a stand alone embroidery machine before I'd pay fourteen grand fora combo. I don't care how proud Bernina is of their machines.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Oh hey, let me rush right out and buy 4 of those!

You know, I have been going back and forth for a while now thinking about one of the sit down longarms. Those run about $6000 and I have yet to convince myself that one would be worth the cost. I'm pretty sure I would really enjoy having it and would use it a lot, but still, 6 grand for a sewing machine is a lot.

Like others have said, I'd invest in a stand alone embroidery machine before I'd pay fourteen grand fora combo. I don't care how proud Bernina is of their machines.
    Karen, the beautiful way you FMQ, a sit down would be a wonderful machine for you! There would be no stopping you if you had one of those!

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Not even if I won the lottery....
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    Not even if I won the lottery....
    Not even the $415 million Mega Million lottery?