Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Question Red Snapper leader quilt system

Wondering if anyone has used the Red Snapper Leader quilt system with the rods and clamps. I pin now as I was shown, but wondering if this is quicker and worth the money. I am new (since Christmas) at quilting with a mid-arm machine on a Gracie frame so actually still experimenting. Love doing my own quilts - may not be perfect, but I can say I did it all!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Red Snapper leader quilt system

Joyce/Madampoloordered them a few weeks ago. You could PM her and ask how she likes them.

3. Thanks Slamelung thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use a similar system and love it. I can load a queen sized quilt top, back and batting and be ready to quilt in 15-20 minutes.
    "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

6. Thanks Iowagranma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a set and have finally finished my new leaders. Since I have never pinned on a quilt top.....I really can't tell you if it is faster.....but it is really slick! I am glad I got them!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

There are Red Snappers, Leadergrips, and Mondo Clips. All similar products, so you can shop around for the best deal. I bought some Red Snappers used from a friend, and I really like them. I don't like pinning.

9. Thanks Iowagranma thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I use red snappers on both of my machines, I love them, fast loading, help to keep your quilt square and straight, no pins in your shirt front or belly, worth every penny in my book.

11. Thanks Iowagranma thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Peggi, thanks so much for the info! I had been wanting the red snappers but had not talked myself into them. I just ordered a set of mondo clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggi View Post
    There are Red Snappers, Leadergrips, and Mondo Clips. All similar products, so you can shop around for the best deal. I bought some Red Snappers used from a friend, and I really like them. I don't like pinning.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you can help me! I already have the Grace Frame with the leaders attached using their tubing & tool and wedging it in the groove of the take-up bars. I want to buy Red Snappers but have two questions:

1. can I remove the leaders by pulling them out of the groove of the bars and still be able to replace them using the same tubing (has anyone done this?)?

2. I would have to sew a channel on the ends of the leaders in order to insert the Red Snapper tube. Has anyone done this? Any tips or tricks or simply stitch a 3/4" hem/channel?

Thanks for any advice!!!!
    Angie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a1angiem View Post
    I hope you can help me! I already have the Grace Frame with the leaders attached using their tubing & tool and wedging it in the groove of the take-up bars. I want to buy Red Snappers but have two questions:

1. can I remove the leaders by pulling them out of the groove of the bars and still be able to replace them using the same tubing (has anyone done this?)?

2. I would have to sew a channel on the ends of the leaders in order to insert the Red Snapper tube. Has anyone done this? Any tips or tricks or simply stitch a 3/4" hem/channel?

Thanks for any advice!!!!
    Angie
    You can remove the leaders and put them back.

I have the Leader Grips and they don't stay together with the tape stuff. The Red Snappers look like a better system.

I sewed a 3/4" casing on the bottom of my leader.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!