Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I had a fruitful morning

I got a mammogram at eight picked up some divorce papers and was home by nine.

Any advice is welcome

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I had a fruitful morning

Divorce... for me was good, and crappy all at the same time. I did not agree with wanting a divorce but knew it was the best for all, especially my girls who were young at the time. (my ex was an abusive alcoholic)

So the day I left the courtroom, I got in the car and put my music up loud, and the song that came on was "Its my Turn" how appropriate is that.

So go for it - put on some awesome music, and make it an "all about you day" - you deserve it!!!
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

(((Lorie))),

Congrats on having the TaTas checked, I'm proud of you! Got to take care of the girls, prevention/early detection is important!

Divorce...hard on whether you wanted it or not. Got to love yourself, take care of yourself. I agree, put on some Motown and get a Margarita and dance away.

Know that we're here for you. You're mood will be up and down I'm sure, that's only to be expected.

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that is quite the combination of errands today. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

Even if you are the one wanting/initiating the divorce, please remember that it is kind of like the death of a family member, so allow yourself time to grieve. All those hopes and dreams and plans that will no longer happen need to be acknowledged. My brothers both got divorced the same year-- they were the ones who initiated and they were both surprised at how painful of a process it was. It was the right thing for them both. Hugs, Lisa
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I really didn't want to bring it up because of Sandy's awful problems. She does know I have one but not how bad it has gotten. I'm not abused maybe verbally and mostly non verbally. 31 yrs. My kids are taking sides. He moved himself out into a tent on the back property (two acres) and now everyone is feeling sorry for him. He put in cable, water, electric, all from the house.
    He had a grand plan.This is instead of talking.

I didn't tell him to get out and I actually thought he was doing it for a tv room to watch football. I haven't had sex in 10 years.

I need to move on.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; April 4th, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That was a big day before 9am!

Good for you re the mammogram. You know the saying..........don't be a boobie, get a mammogram.

As for the divorce. It is always sad, it always hurts no matter the reasons for it. Take each day at a time, protect your interests and the future will come. Try always to look forward whilst not forgetting the past.

Big hugs

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Divorce is difficult regardless of the situation. My best wishes and prayers are with you, Lorie. I'm glad you got your mammogram. Hugs, Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lori, was listening to some Motown tunes as a friend on FB started with Curtis Mayfield with a link to YouTube. Hit this link with Gloria Gaynor's hit - I Will Survive! Appropriate for so many of us here on The Forum with what we're all going through now and in this last year.

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive (1979) HQ 0815007 - YouTube
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about you Lorie........this must be difficult no matter what. Praying for you......for many brighter days ahead.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing good I told my dd that stopped by today (she's 24) She just asked well what are you going to do? If I don't do something I'm going to be in this time warp forever.

I bought every thing in this house Never got credit for that.I'm going to sell some stuff off slowly. That should keep me busy. lol

Lorie