Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I had a fruitful morning

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    I think I would have to pull the plug on the tent ...
    We think alike.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Take it 5 minutes at a time. Then add another minute when you feel strong enough and before you know it you will be taking it one month at a time.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is good you are taking care of yourself physically. You also need to take care of yourself emotionally. I would suggest going to a counselor and talking at least a couple of times. I am divorced going on four years, after 22 years of marriage. The divorce wasn't my idea and I won't get into the whys and wherefores, but it is never easy. Now we get along better than we have in years. We made a trip to Florida and tomorrow we are taking a road trip to Licking, MO to meet a LAQ'er. So it will get better. Try to take the high road, and I know that isn't always easy.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear of your situation, lots of us have been there so I'm sure you'll get loads of support from your quilting friends online here.

Some of the comments here have really made me laugh, but on the other hand it's a bad situation when you've got so many tits playing you up!

I'd let him live in the tent and charge him for his utilitybills e.g. put in key/card operated meters. Just make sure the tent is at the very far edge of your land. I hope it gets really cold in winter.

My first husband and I got divorced over 20 years ago but we've made up now. It was love at first sight and I knew I was going to marry him, even though I'd only seen him walking out of the shop I worked in and hadn't even seen his face!

I met somebody else and had two children and he picks them up from school every Friday and takes them to my Mum's even though he's not their Dad.

Although this is a very unusual situation we both worked at it from a very angry, hurt and bitter situation.

Hope your boobies are OK. mammograms are so squashy and painful.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    It is good you are taking care of yourself physically. You also need to take care of yourself emotionally. I would suggest going to a counselor and talking at least a couple of times. I am divorced going on four years, after 22 years of marriage. The divorce wasn't my idea and I won't get into the whys and wherefores, but it is never easy. Now we get along better than we have in years. We made a trip to Florida and tomorrow we are taking a road trip to Licking, MO to meet a LAQ'er. So it will get better. Try to take the high road, and I know that isn't always easy.

@bobw. When in licking go by the lucky dollar I hear tell they have wonderful fabric selection.
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on getting your mammogram.... Lisa mentioned that a divorce is a bereavement..... So, make sure you take the time to grieve.... My best wishes to you..... I know it can't be easy, no matter what the circumstances are..... God bless...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

lol you guys are funny. I'm not pulling any plugs. And I can't move a tent that's on a platform with a Garage tent over it. I'm staying right now because I don't have any family. I kept my aunties house in Los Angeles which is paid off and I'm renting it. I don't know anyone there to live in it. My two dd's and step kids are here.

I'm just glad I picked up the paper work. it gave me a piece of mind. Baby steps

Gloria I'm happy to do the pillow cases. I have so much kids fabric! Plus I just got my serger serviced and cleaned.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; April 5th, 2014 at 09:39 AM.

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on your mammogram.
    Sorry about the divorce. My advice at this time is to be careful about selling things until you discuss it with your lawyer. And have your own lawyer who will take care of you. Can get sticky. Went through that in 87. Its hard and you will find lots of support here.
    In my case I never bad mouthed my ex to the kids but told them the truth when asked. Take care of yourself.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ahamblin View Post
    Good job on your mammogram.
    Sorry about the divorce. My advice at this time is to be careful about selling things until you discuss it with your lawyer. And have your own lawyer who will take care of you. Can get sticky. Went through that in 87. Its hard and you will find lots of support here.
    In my case I never bad mouthed my ex to the kids but told them the truth when asked. Take care of yourself.
    Good advice. The lucky thing is that I was the one that bought everything or inherited

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lorie, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I was divorced after 25 years and I was the one that initiated it. I was verbally and emotionally abused. He was an alcoholic and used drugs...not a good combo. Like Shirley. Once I took the first step, I never looked back, but it was still difficult for awhile. I felt like a failure. I now realize it was the best thing I could have ever done. I am happy now. Like Ahamblin, I never bad mouthed him either, but answered all questions honestly. We got along really well after a time and had a good relationship until he passed away last year.
    I wish you all the luck and just remember, you deserve better. If the kids are not on your side, it's ok, they will come to understand that it was the best choice. You need to take care of you.