Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question about MSCO Shipping?

And also...when ordering online...people forget that once an order leaves the company, the company has very little control over what happens to the product. But everyone still blames the seller.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My last order arrived in less than a week but it did not contain the batting I ordered even though I was charged for it. I called on Monday and received it on Thursday. She said they have some new people working nights trying to fill orders . My order contained both precuts and yardage. I would not wait for an email but keep trying to call. I was able to get through on my first call. I love them but they are having some growing pains. Did you see the pictures of all those bolts of fabric?
    Vernona

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes a company experiences growing pains and this may be what is happening, eventually they catch up and all is well

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy- As I said in my original post, this was my first first order for my new hobby of quilting and I was seeking a good source to spend my money! The orders have NEVER left the company, that is where my frustrations are. If this were an issue of something being shipped and "lost" the fault would be on the carrier and they would have obligation to provide "exceptional customer service". However, this is a case where the seller has failed to provide follow-though, and if any part of their company policy is customer service, that too. And too, I did look at the rants and raves and they tend to be about actual products. I would love to be posting there about the GREAT products I have received, but alas, I am not there.

Vchale- I did, how crazy is that?!?!? That is some major sorting going on!!! Fingers crossed that the 1/4 yard that my order was supposedly short was there since that piece was supposed to ship to me 4/8!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vchale View Post
    My last order arrived in less than a week but it did not contain the batting I ordered even though I was charged for it. I called on Monday and received it on Thursday. She said they have some new people working nights trying to fill orders . My order contained both precuts and yardage. I would not wait for an email but keep trying to call. I was able to get through on my first call. I love them but they are having some growing pains. Did you see the pictures of all those bolts of fabric?
    glad you received your batting, think you are same gal that commented on order missing item as I did last Sat. I too have received my missing item in another order I placed Monday. Took awhile to get through by phone but finally got a gal that took care of it and shipped out right away, received today. They are one busy family of workers for sure. Kinda addicted to all the daily deals and great precuts offered.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my parcels arrive within the 28 days period to Australia ...I do agree Us postage can be a tad slow but the Au post isnt much quicker .. in the end im happy just to get my parcels ..tho the wait KILLS me lol ... Best thing about it all is .. even if it takes 1 week to get all my order together before sent to the post office ..i know it will all be checked and double checked before the post office sees it Love the team they do miricals

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order March 7 and another order on March 27. I received the March 27 order on April 1 but at that time I was still waiting on my March 7 order. When I emailed to ask about the March 7 order I received a reply within a few days saying that it had arrived on April 1 (it hadn't). I called but got voice mail and left a message, but did not receive a return call. I emailed again and said the order that arrived on April 1 was my March 27 order but that I had not received my March 7 order yet. I then received an email saying that my March 7 order had been lost in the mail and would be replaced. The tracking number did not show that it had gone through any tracking stations. I am hoping to find that replacement order in my mailbox soon! My account does not show that a replacement order has been shipped so I can't track the replacement. I live about 5 or 6 hours away from Hamilton by car. I have been ordering from MSQC since last fall. Most of my orders arrive in about 8-10 days, some take around two weeks or more, and sometimes orders arrive quite quickly (such as the March 27 order arriving April 1). One order has been lost. My experiences ordering have been variable. I will post an update when I get my March 7 order.

Marci

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I placed my first order about a month ago. It was for a charm pack and yardage to make a pillow case for my son. It took a week to ship my order and then 2 days to get to me. (I live 2.5 hours north of Hamilton) I have another order I'm waiting to place, because I'm trying to decide if I should just take a road trip and buy it

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up on them just yet. I have never had a problem with shipping and I have ordered yardage, daily deals, and templates. The store is growing which is bringing more jobs. I'm sure some new people that don't know much about fabric yet are pulling the order. Give them another call when it is not a high call time. Time difference might play a factor if you are not near them. ****You can't beat their daily deals
    I have to agree with Wendy this did turn into a slight rant. I thought this was general question about shipping time.
    Last edited by chy; April 14th, 2014 at 03:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Al from M* posted this today on another thread...related also to this :

"Hey everyone!! I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to give feedback on this stuff. I know it's really frustrating right now on some of this, and Suzette is right, the communication piece just needs to get better. Let me paint a bit of a picture on our end and maybe you guys have some ideas?

The thing we've noticed is that everything is connected. So if we get behind in fabric cutting, we get behind in shipping, if we're behind in shipping, we start getting emails saying "hey where's my order", if those pile up and we don't get to them right away we start getting more calls, as we get more calls, we get more voicemails, then our customer service team is transcribing voicemails and returning calls that are often duplicate tries at communicating with us. It's like the butterfly who flaps it's wings causes the tsunami on the other side of the world sort of thing. So there are a bunch of places in the process where if something goes wrong, everyone feels it.

Right now we have 12 shipping stations that we run day and night, it's not enough. We need to get to about 30 stations, but we just don't have room yet. We will, in June our new warehouse is slated to be done, and things will get much better, but right now we have to figure out how to get more packages out from the same number of stations, so I'm building tools to help our shipping and picking get better, but we're sort of hanging on for dear life until June. I think a great idea would be to put a notification on that review screen when placing an order so that you know. But if we can just get caught up from after the NBC stuff, we'd be set, we had a spike in orders but then it settled back down, but we are just always a few days from being caught up it seems. You'll notice we haven't done any promotions in the last 45 days, we aren't advertising anywhere, nothing until we can get our operations fixed up. But we are almost 4-5 days behind on orders right now. It's brutal, we're all in there everyday helping, if we can just get caught up.

With that being said, our customer service team has felt it as well. They share a room with Katie and Bob who do the photography for the website, there are 8 customer service people and then all the photography and such that has to happen in that little 20 x 20 room. One of the ideas we had was to start putting customer service people in other locations around town where we had room, so now we have one phone and computer station in the quilting lodge, one in the sewing center, we're going to put 2 more in the quilt shop as soon as there is room, etc. These ideas will all be pointless after June when we can get into the new warehouse where we'll have a huge room for customer service, but short of outsourcing our calls to some other country, we have to just muscle through our tough spot right now. You should start seeing the communication get better there too though, just last week we started our night crew for customer service emails and calls. We are trying to be as innovative as we can with our constraints and are very lucky to be able to have the light at the end of the tunnel from a space standpoint, we just have to not make everyone hate their experience with us before then, if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them?!

Love,
    Al "

11. Thanks Sandy thanked for this post