Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default My anniversary gift -- only a quilter will love

My husband is beyond sweet. He knows of my health problems and as we were shopping today, he said -- let's get you a sewing machine that you can use with sewing and quilting. We are about to celebrate 21 years of marriage -- and he bought me a Sapphire 875 sewing machine Q!!! I got a discount and we spent several hours there. My jaw just kept dropping over and over and over as she showed me the things it could do! I was so amazed. My old (but dear) sewing machine from 21 years ago (wedding gift) is quite basic. This has bells and whistles that I never ever dreamed of! WOW! Now I not only have a wonderful husband, but a full-time job learning how to use this awesome machine!! I never ever dreamed of something like this -- it was on sale and the place we bought it at -- close to home and eager to teach lots and lots and lots of things to do with it. A total surprise. Sorry if this seems like bragging, but I've never ever had anything expensive like that for me. I have 5 kids, and everything seems to go to the kids. I'm so tickled! I'll easily be able to quilt up the 3 quilts that I have to be done in the next month. Thanks for "listening" -- I had to tell someone who would appreciate my giddiness!
    Melanee

Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My anniversary gift -- only a quilter will love

Melanee this is wonderful news! Don't worry about bragging. I know the excitement of getting a new machine (but not one as nice as yours!) and know that most people would not understand how precious a gift like this is, but we sure do. Now you will be busy playing with your new machine and make sure to post when you get those quilts done!
    Congrats on the wedding anniversary also!
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

what a gift! you'll get years of enjoyment out of this.
    Congratulations on 21 years!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on everything - wedding anniversary - husband - and sewing machine!!!!!
    You remind me of my mother - same family situation, 5 kids. First came the kids than my dad, and finally she.
    She was the best mother ever and all my sisters and brothers still speak highly of her and honor her in every way we can.

I'm really glad for you and was loved "listening".

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

You will LOVE your new Sapphire! I bought the Sapphire 855 in February, and am STILL amazed at what this machine can do! You so deserve it, and you have a wonderful husband who treasures you!!!! I can't think of a better anniversary gift!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

what a fab present! i am sure you deserve every bell and whistle on the machine after 21 years of marriage and 5 kids. (5 kids makes my mind reel just thinking about it) i am not suprised you are giddy.

My husband and i dont 'do' anniversaries.... he says every day with me is a celebration (coughs) He has a great line in bullsh*t lol.
    i am a very keen gardener and a few years ago for my birthday he had a load of manure delivered for me. i was soooooo thrilled and excited and spent 2 days spreading it on my roses. It was truely the best gift he could have bought me that year. A week or so later, a chap at work was lamenting that his wife was 'high maintanence' so my husband pipes up......ohhhhh mine isnt, buy her a pile of sh*t and she is happy! well as you can imagine i was not thrilled with the picture he had painted of me but the fact remains that just the right gift is so so special.

Enjoy your wonderful machine i am sure it will bring a smile to your face for the next 21 years...........and so much less smelly than a pile of manure!

big hugs if you ever leave the machine long enough to read your thread lol

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm showing my ignorance here--I had to google your new sewing machine to see what you were talking about! Wow, it looks great! Congratulations on it and your anniversary! I hope you get lots and lots of time for playing with it!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Happy Anniversary! What a sweet hubby and a sweet gift. Enjoy!
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

He sounds like one special man to hang on to. Congratulations on your anniversary. I would brag about my gift too - so don't you feel at all like you shouldn't. I can't wait to see photos of what you can do with her and all her bells and whistles.
    Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Whoo hoo! I've got the Viking Sapphire 855 and I love it! The 875 is amazing. Have fun with it!
    Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
    Pinterest