Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best Peach Cobbler I have ever had!

I wish you could make it with fresh peaches, but there would be an issue with the liquid. I loved canned peaches by themselves, but not in a cobbler. I am also a bigger fan of peach crisp with ice cream or a hard sauce. Gosh, this thread is making me hungry! Thanks for the recipe.
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we called it Dump Cake, with cherries, pineapples, white cake, butter and I always sprinkle with coconut and some kind of chopped nuts. I don't know anyone that's ever turned their nose up at dump cake!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie View Post
    Sorry you did not like it. This is good for people with a sweet tooth. Cobblers are not as firm as a pie or as dry as a cake - like a cross inbetween.

Have you ever tried any of the impossible pies from Bisquick? If you want one that's not real sweet, their pumpkin impossible pie is really good. The recipe is on the Betty Crocker website.
    I think I've done a savory impossible pie, but not a dessert. Cheeseburger or taco maybe? I'll have to check that out.

I tried the cobbler again this afternoon, after it had chilled down overnight and all day in the fridge. The top got really crunchy, which was nice, but I think the part that I dislike is the cake mix. It's like there's one too many layers of sugar going on with the cake mix. For my tooth, anyway. I didn't use a ton of brown sugar either, maybe 1/4 cup for a 13 x 9 glass pan. If I tried it again, I might skip the brown sugar, but then it wouldn't get crusty.

LOL, I'm not trying to be difficult, I really, really did want to like this. Someone on allrecipes in the comments suggested using angel food cake mix if regular is too sweet. I should have checked those comments before I went shopping, but wanted to try your way.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SisterDi View Post
    I think I've done a savory impossible pie, but not a dessert. Cheeseburger or taco maybe? I'll have to check that out.

I tried the cobbler again this afternoon, after it had chilled down overnight and all day in the fridge. The top got really crunchy, which was nice, but I think the part that I dislike is the cake mix. It's like there's one too many layers of sugar going on with the cake mix. For my tooth, anyway. I didn't use a ton of brown sugar either, maybe 1/4 cup for a 13 x 9 glass pan. If I tried it again, I might skip the brown sugar, but then it wouldn't get crusty.

LOL, I'm not trying to be difficult, I really, really did want to like this. Someone on allrecipes in the comments suggested using angel food cake mix if regular is too sweet. I should have checked those comments before I went shopping, but wanted to try your way.
    Don't worry, I did not take it that way. Let us know how it goes with angel food cake mix. Hmm, wonder how that would taste with canned pineapple.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made this following the recipe but I didn't care for it .But then I may have goofed up , who knows. My husband abd I thought it to sweet for one thing and mine didn'r look at all like a cobbler so I am thinking I messed up somewhere. But I did try it.I think I will stick with the Bisquick mix next time.

Hugs Ann

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I add pecans to the top. It is my favorite.
    Quilters never die, they just go batts.