Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday Greetings

Good Morning, all. Running late today. I was awake earlier and decided to lay back down for a half hour. Bad choice. The phone woke me up a few minutes ago. DD's have gone to pick up a moving truck because today is the day we are moving my scrapbooking furnitures and a few other things to the new house so that I can get my scrapping/quilting room set up, and all the boxes and bins containing those things out of the family room and living room. Then, we will be able to get the new floors down in that room. Finally.
    The nasty smoke smell is FINALLY GONE!!!! Ruby I know what you mean about rain - we were supposed to do this yesterday, but canceled because it was raining. So instead spent the day with ExDH there changing out wall plugs to GFCI's so I can buy insurance. Good luck with that insurance, Ruby.

Looks like Jean and Ruby had a great time. Jean I like your idea of having a few small projects ready to sew on in the middle of the night. I have an extra machine or two now and a desk in my bedroom.

Glad you are feeling better Blondie,

Hugs and prayers to all...
    Donna

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Blondie! I've heard of Grape Hyacinth but had no idea what the plant looks like. An extra hug was definitely given to the big guy. Sometimes he surprises me with his sweetness.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hello good quilting people!

Get better Blondie!!! I was walking to work this morning and was thinking how fortunate I am to have avoided the sniffles this year. Probably jinxed myself by thinking that. DD called me this morning and said her head feels like it's going to explode so she wasn't going to class this morning. Crimany! She only has like 28 days left and she's going to miss today.

How fun that Ruby and Jean got to meet up in person. Sounds like you all had a great time.

I played bunco last night and didn't win a thing but had fun playing. Woke up way too early this morning and now I'm at my desk wanting to close my eyes. May have to catch a cat nap on my lunch hour. I'm always a little droopy on Wednesday for some reason.

Happy Wednesday everyone!!
    Sharon

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All

Well at least late morning, I need to start getting my day started sooner. I have been so bad this winter and sleeping til 8AM and not getting my day started til 2 or 3 hours later. Hurry up warmer weather because it motivates me to getting up earlier and moving sooner.

Hope you feel better soon Blondie. Jean and Ruby you two look great and glad you had a nice lunch. Ruby I gave up the fight with my hair a long time ago and just when with the grey, so my hair is now white but you look way to young for white hair so good luck with finding a good color.

Rebecca I do not know what kind of flowers they are but they are beautiful.

Planning on going to Rising Sun Indiana Friday to a quilt show and suppose to rain but know it will get a great day still since will be with a great group friends shopping for fabric and looking a some beautiful quilts.

Prayers to all my forum friends and their families that need them and hope the rain holds off for those that need it too.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone...still morning here....our water heater is going out.,,plans today are to get another one and get it installed...thankfully a friend of Steve's does all of our replacement on those and he has done several so far...and of course Steve's sister who is in charge of all this stuff is in Fla so I get to handle it all....lucky me....anyway I will "get er done". Especially since it is MY hot water heater!!!! I need my hot water baths!
    I have been accomplishing allot lately and hope to keep the motion moving forward....have two quilts just waiting for binding and have plans for another quilt for COC for Blondie.....but it will be awhile yet as I still have two incomplete projects to finish up besides the quilts that need binding.
    I have been following the news on that mudslide in Washington and it is more than my brain can fathom....one square mile and almost half of a mountain....lots of prayers going out of here for those poor people and the workers as well.
    Hugs to all....off to start my day after one more cup of coffee......

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Taking a break and getting lunch ready.. was up real early and got some more work / cutting done on my Blue Dresden blocks. Takes me forever, but when I get tired of looking at it. I have other projects waiting for my attention. Such As, enlarging a quilt that is already done(?) Needed to be longer for that "tall" person.

Glad your feeling better, Blondie.. sniffles are NO fun. Loved the picture of Jean & Ruby. It is so fun to meet up with other forum members. Prayers and hugs going out to our other family members.. lots going on and I am way behind in my touching bases with all.

Oven is beeping.. so lunch is ready. will try to catch up with all later today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, hope you get to feeling better soon. Ruby and Jean looks like you gals had fun meeting

It is slow moving here today. I went to bed after supper last night and minus getting up a couple of times for a few minutes stayed in bed until after 11 AM. Just feeling very tired. The wind is blowing sky high here today and the sun is now hiding. We have both wind and fire advisories out. There is a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow - we really need the rain.

Yesterday a friend and her two boys came over for a visit in the afternoon. The children had fun playing and we had a nice chat.

There is not a whole lot planned for today. I want to finish sewing the top of a baby quilt. Then take the bright five and dime quilt to church tonight to show one of the ladies who quilt.

Have a wonderful day everyone