Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sewing Machines

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sewing Machines

Ah, the Sweet 16, the Babylock Tiara and a couple other brands have the sit-down longarms now. I'd love to have one of those. There are a few people here that have them. I can't fit a full longarm in my house, no room for the 10' to 12' frame. I don't have an embroidery machine, have thought about it, but I'm thinking a stand alone embroidery machine might be more appropriate for me since they can take quite a while to stitch out a design and you can't do any other sewing while that is happening. Of course if I wait long enough, my sister said I got all her sewing machines when she died and she has the big Babylock Sewing/Embroidery machine.

Ha, she already gave me the jewelry she "willed" to me, but not gonna get that machine until they pry it from her hand ...
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bkthomas View Post
    Lisapc wants me to tell you to forget about the embroidery for now......she has a Juki with a large throat space for quilting. So for just around 1 grand you would have more room to quilt!

Juki TL-2000Qi FS - 9" Long-Arm Sewing & Quilting Machine
    I like this one, 9" throat space!
    Lisapc wants you get the one I have. Juki TL-2010Q The throat space is amazing and it comes with a 1/4 inch and a 1/5 inch quilting foot, even feed foot, compensating (1/4 inch) foot and much more. It has the auto thread cutter and a whole lot more features. This machine can be put on a frame and I am not interested now but in the future I might be. I was serious talks with the local HQ dealer until I found this machine and had a few personal recommendations for it. The one and only thing I have found that people sometimes have an issue with is the automatic needle threader. Frankly if you use the needle size that is recommended it works just fine. Some times the Brother 1500 is compared to this machine but the fact is they are not same. They look simalar but the Juki is a better, more solid machine and if you can swing the 1k it is so worth it. If you spend 1k with sewingmachinesplus.com enter 100freemoney and you will get 100 off.

Like you I didn't really need the fancy stitches because my Singer already has them. I may replace the Singer with this one in a few years for the fancy stitches: Juki HZL-F600 Full Sized Computer Sewing and Quilting Machine with Juki Exceed Workbook, Extension Table, 20 Bobbins, 100 Organ Needles, 5 Yr Warranty and $50 Gift Card for your next purchase I opted for more throat space over fancy stitches.

As for the embroider issue, I am sticking to my Singer for now and will upgrade that in a few years. I am unsure if I want a stand alone machine or what I want.

Congratulations buy the way!
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

3. Thanks Slokarma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'd also vote for the Juki if you are not getting embroidery. It's a strong, capable machine and I would recommend any of the Juki straight stitch machines.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on getting a machine you will be happy with quilting on because that is what you do most. An embroidery machine is a wish list. I was opposite. I got my Babylock for Embroidery and really don't have a clue what the throat size is. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The juke Tl 98 has the pedal base with the foot pedal and a little side pedal for the trimmer. It's very heavy and sits nicely. The 2000 has the combo foot pedal where you hit the trimmer by rocking your foot backward.(takes a little getting used to so you don't trim your thread accidentally,) and no speed control and the 2010 has speed control and better lighting, and an extra tension dial of some sort. I'd buy the one with the best price as there is not much difference in the three. You can always get an extra light. I like the foot pedal on the 98, but I would like the speed control on the 2010. But I would take any of the three.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Pfaff Creative 3.0. It sews and embroiders. It's not the top of the line machine, but it's a great machine for the price. I love the IDT (built in walking foot) and it came with two big hoops. And there is a sale going on for some of the machines too.

Check your local dealer and see what they have to offer in terms of service and classes. With new machines, there are so many features in the machine that you'll need a class to learn them all.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what your budget is but the Baby Lock Ellisimo Gold 2 can fit up to an 8" x 12" hoop. I have seen it in action and have found the needle cam and needle beam to be really helpful.

I don't know what kind of dealers you have but a great dealer can sometimes be more important than what kind of machine you get. If you can take as many machines as you can for a test drive and see how you like the dealer as well.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Brother Simplicity SB2139 or is it 3139... Oh well... Whatever it is, I think I am going go love it, it has great featured,,, everything I will ever need.... The price was right, too.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit