Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Slice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double slice.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	71826

Why is it that the simplest of patterns tend to be some of my favorites?? Just need to get a backing ordered but forgot my measurement at home so it will have to wait another day

2. Thanks Diva Deb thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Double Slice

Awesome job!! Oh my - I love that fabric! I think I just saw it yesterday when I was searching through stuff - can't remember that name right now but I was writing down a ton of names - seems easier to me than putting them on my wish list and then losing my place where I was looking. We seem to have very similar taste! lol

I did a double slice for my mom and while I really don't care for the fabric (but she loves it and that is what matters) I did like doing the double slice. I will definitely do it again in something I like. Anyway, as soon as I do my little special piece and label on the backing fabric it will be off to the longarmer this weekend!
    Vicki
    Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program?

4. Thanks Resie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished a Double Slice and found it to be one of my faves. Yours is beautiful!!!!! I'm loving your fabrics. Mine was done in woodsy/lodge material for my DH.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VickiJ View Post
    Awesome job!! Oh my - I love that fabric! I think I just saw it yesterday when I was searching through stuff - can't remember that name right now but I was writing down a ton of names - seems easier to me than putting them on my wish list and then losing my place where I was looking. We seem to have very similar taste! lol

I did a double slice for my mom and while I really don't care for the fabric (but she loves it and that is what matters) I did like doing the double slice. I will definitely do it again in something I like. Anyway, as soon as I do my little special piece and label on the backing fabric it will be off to the longarmer this weekend!
    Thanks!! The fabric line is Gracie Girl I love it too and had it sitting in my stash for awhile and wasn't sure what to make with it. I've been busy trying to get stuff organized for my retreat next month and haven't had much time to sew so I thought this was perfect.

Post a picture when you get your quilt back!!!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    I just finished a Double Slice and found it to be one of my faves. Yours is beautiful!!!!! I'm loving your fabrics. Mine was done in woodsy/lodge material for my DH.
    Thank you!!! I love the scrappy look of this pattern so fun and I love using layer cakes since you get all coordinating fabric and it ends up being pretty mindless and fun to put together.

My husband keeps asking for a quit and I am thinking that this pattern might do the job and use 2 layer cakes. He wants a quilt for our hunting shack and I refuse to put a ton of time into one for a place like that....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That fabric is perfect....

I think we tend to like the simpler patterns, because the are (A) less stressful, and (B) because the really do show off nice fabric...

I was thrilled when I discovered Jenny, and quilting with pre-cuts. Life suddenly got a whole lot simpler.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How right you are! I love the double slice, the disappearing nine patch etc. Lovely, bright, beautiful quilt you have there. Thanks for sharing.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alliek View Post
    How right you are! I love the double slice, the disappearing nine patch etc. Lovely, bright, beautiful quilt you have there. Thanks for sharing.
    I think one of the reasons I love this so much is that it allows you to show off larger print

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by easyquilts View Post
    That fabric is perfect....

I think we tend to like the simpler patterns, because the are (A) less stressful, and (B) because the really do show off nice fabric...

I was thrilled when I discovered Jenny, and quilting with pre-cuts. Life suddenly got a whole lot simpler.
    Right on!!! I really have a hard time when it comes to having to cut a lot since I have rotator cuff tendonitis...
    Pre-cuts are a life saver and there are SO MANY things you can do with them!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful.