Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday - just embrace it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1896815_436555843142437_1689520509_n.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	71677

Happy Monday Folksies!

This weekend was an interesting time. I woke up this morning feeling like a Sunday morning and wanting to snuggle back under the blankets. Sigh. Time to rise and shine. Still working on that first cuppa delicious dark brew that hubby carried into the bedroom to get me up. Saturday after work, I was able to get some grocery shopping done, clean the house just a bit - in other words a straightening up - but hey, that classifies as cleaning in my book. I tried to sit down and sew a bit - I am 3/4 of the way finished in the piecing of the Smokey Mtn. Stars. I also have been working on binding, stitching on a wall hanging. No pattern there, just doing my doodling as I work on it. Hoping it will be completed in time for my Sister's birthday.

DD has been in Charleston over the weekend so I missed seeing her on her days off. Mom made the stinky, dreaded and hated (by me) salmon cakes on Saturday. Merrily I sent Josh and Luscious down The Hill so I would not have to smell them at all. so what do they do? They carry a bag of them home. Now my fridge smells like a cannery. Eewwww!!

I was going to brag about the nice spring day on Saturday but since it feels like winter again far too quickly, with snow in the forecast tomorrow, I will politely keep my mouth closed.

Keep on praying for those in need of a healing touch - whether is emotional, mental, physical - or all three - there is always someone here that needs a prayer and loving positive thoughts.

Name:	e61226343480d73009c08f356bd6e5df.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	71678

SMILE!!!!!!
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday - just embrace it

Good morning, Blondie! The sun is shining in Baarn. I'm now rising mid-morning (9 a.m.) which isn't too bad considering I have been up most nights until almost midnight. (Joe and I have been watching "Castle" DVD's in the evening.) It's been a week now so I can't blame my desire to snooze on jet lag. There's a crazy bird who makes an annoying sound at the crack of dawn. I hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence. I'm looking forward to starting a quilt, but right now I'm focusing on organizing my fabrics so I can see what the heck I've got. The coffee is tasting mighty good this morning.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca, I have been meaning to wave at your with a hey hey hey, been missing you kind of post. So glad that you are back among us.
    Blessings to you!
    Sewing mends the soul.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin everyone... This early morning stuff is going to take some getting used to. This is hubby's second day getting up at 6, and I've been getting up with him. Wouldn't be bad but we're not sleeping good at night yet. I know it'll happen, so until then, I'll just walk around all day like a zombie....hahaha
    Yes, Blondie, straightening up counts as cleaning...I do it all the time.
    Today I have to bring him to work so I can bring the car to the garage. It's making an ungodly noise and we need to find out what it is. Then I'll get into the sewing room. Let's hope I don't fall asleep while sewing and sew a finger.
    Hope everyone has a great day!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	71681
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	71680  

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, Blondie....but it's hard to embrace something while life is punching my face! Need prayer and higher hopes, sweetie...blessings to you and yours!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

Good to hear from you, Rebecca. Blondie, give those fish cakes to Dinah. I'm sure she would appreciate them.

It seems like the past week absolutely flew by. I can't believe it's Monday again already. Sometimes I wish I was a coffee drinker to get me going in the mornings. I'm wild enough without caffeine, or so I'm told.

Sherri, I'll pray for you all day for a boost. Everything will come together for you and things will be bright again. You have a lot on your plate right now. Hugs to you, Sweetie.

I laid out the blocks on another UFO yesterday. Maybe I can sew ss0ome rows today. I have laundry going already and Jeff's lunch is made and ready to go out the door with him. I made pattymelts for dinner yesterday with loads of grilled onions...yum.

Wishing everyone a great day....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bubby...how endearing, sweetie! Your post alone has brightened my day (it also brought the hormonal tears)...you're so sweet! Thanks for lofting me up, darlin'!
    which dog is in the profile pic...is that your Dottie?
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Blondie Spring gave us a little tease and now it's freezing out again, hadn't heard about any snow in this area but who knows.
    Sherri, Good thoughts going your way.

Plan was the first thing this morning I would jump in the shower while the coffee was brewing and out early doing shopping and errands but I think I need more than coffee to prime my engine this morning. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffee rx.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	71684Back later after my RX coffee does its bit.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Rebecca, I'm a bit green with envy that you're in Baarn, such a beautiful town. Saw your pictures of your new home, lovely. Have family there as well, some old Tantes/Ooms from my Mams side. Really hope to be able to visit next year when I hit the double nickels. Had to laugh at your annoying bird reference...trying to figure out which one it could be.

Yesterday, I packed up the white ceramic collection and family Delft Blue pottery - didn't quite accomplish as much as I wanted 'cause the back ended up screaming even with taking breaks between boxes.

Today, I will box up my graphics/office - not looking forward to that one, always amazed how much books end up weighing and I have a lot of those, software, copywriting, etc. Then my hobby books are stored in there too and girls lets face it...we all know how those multiply overnight! lol Especially when certain M* members announce when there is a book sale going on. I won't mention her name! ;P

Don keeps telling me to start on my sewing loft but I still have Easter Fabric that has come in for Pillowcases to be sewn in for the Easter Drive. Going to have to wait 'till the last minute to pack that up. hehe Luckily Kat can help on Sat/Sun with that one. The guys can take out the furniture and we can still pack up the goodies.

Well, prayers for those in need, huggers for all. Have a great day all.

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Great post, Blondie....but it's hard to embrace something while life is punching my face! Need prayer and higher hopes, sweetie...blessings to you and yours!

Name:	Would-Be-Squished-.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	71686
    hugs, prayers and lotsa good vibes heading your way right this minute
    Sewing mends the soul.

~ Madeleine L'Engle