Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not pretty ……but useable and thrifty

I made a rotating mat and ruler holder, not pretty I know but they work and I can now spend cash on my fabric stash. I thought I would share this as I know a lot of your DHs could make these easily, I bought a ‘lazy Susan’ bearing from local DIY shop, heavy duty and marked ‘made in USA’ so easy for you to get and the bits of board they kindly cut from scrap, I had glue and screws, total cost £4. The ruler stand was an off-cut of decking (free from DIY shop) and the back a piece of wood I found in the garage, didn’t even cut that to size, just screwed together with 3 screws, total cost nil. I didn’t glue down cutting mats only clipped them on so I can still use them separately and think I may put felt on top and bottom, or not, see how the mood takes me! I also spotted an old broken kitchen stool in the garage; next idea may be a thread/bobbin stand.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not pretty ……but useable and thrifty

I really like your double-duty mats. Very clever. I can’t wait to see your thread/bobbin stand when you make it.
    Theda

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

3. Thanks Pat.W thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not pretty ……but useable and thrifty

Neat idea.

5. Thanks Pat.W thanked for this post