Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Question english paper piecing

does anyone know where I can find English Paper Piecing Patterns. I have one book by Jaynette Huff, but can't seem to locate others. Appreciate any help you can give me.
    Happy Stitcher

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: english paper piecing

Go to paperpieces.com

They have several patterns and also sell the supplies you need. I just started doing the English paper piecing. It's a great take along project.
    Shelia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Making these is great fun! Try the site that Texasm suggested. Also google English paper piecing. You should find patterns on blogs. The first piece I completed was a small table runner. Good luck! they are addicitive!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Paperpieces.com suggestion! With each package they send out they include "how-to" instructions.

I'm totally addicted!

Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
    Pinterest

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 books on paper piecing. One is "300 Paper-Pieced Quilt Blocks" by Carol Doak. It comes with a CD so you can print out the blocks. I like this because you can adjust the size of the blocks for what you are making. It has color photos showing all the designs too.

The 2nd one is "No-Stress Paper Piecing" by Carolyn Cullinan McCormick. This also comes with the CD of full size templates. It also has beautiful color photos showing finished projects.
    Jo

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Katherine your quilt is beautiful! What size are you going to make? I'm starting one that has eight point diamonds. I have been making some hexagons and not sure what I wanted to do with them, but you have given me an idea.

Also when you buy a pattern at the website they include all the paper pieces you need, you just have to buy fabric. Look at their picture gallery. There are some great pictures and inspiration.
    Shelia

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texsam View Post
    Katherine your quilt is beautiful! What size are you going to make? I'm starting one that has eight point diamonds. I have been making some hexagons and not sure what I wanted to do with them, but you have given me an idea.

Also when you buy a pattern at the website they include all the paper pieces you need, you just have to buy fabric. Look at their picture gallery. There are some great pictures and inspiration.
    Thanks! I'm slowly working on it as I watch TV and travel. My goal is to have it large enough for a King Size bed. I saw the diamonds and other shapes they offered. So much better than cutting out your own templates! I wasn't sure if they would be worth the money but they are. I'm able to re-use the templates several times over and they are so accurate.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to quilt it.
    Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
    Pinterest

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Another site I found for paper piecing (don't know whether it is english or not) is http://www.paperpanache.com/index.htm They offer some free patterns and others you can buy. I bought a couple but haven't had the nerve to try them yet.