Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thoughts?

$44 is ridiculous. Image how much peg board and hooks you could buy for half of that and hang everything in an organized manner.

Something like this

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DuraHook...90-S/206183734
    Last edited by DeniseSm; August 5th, 2019 at 11:17 PM.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

3. Thanks Granny Fran, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My ruler holder is a lid holder designed for kettle lids. It sits on the floor right next to my cutting table where I easily can reach the ruler I want. My smaller rulers/templates are in a smaller lid holder that is on a surface next to the table within easy reach. They both were very inexpensive. I have no wall space for peg boards. I may have purchased at least one of these at Target. It's been a long time ago since I bought them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be concerned about the width. It's less tha. 36" of hanging space with 6 hooks. If you have a large squaring up ruler, you won't have a lot of space left for other rulers or templates. I have a covered board with nails for the hooks. I have less than $44 tied up in both boards I have hanging in my sewing room.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have my rulers hanging from command hooks on the underside of my cutting table. They are not taking up extra space but are easy to reach. I used the command hooks with the swivel hooks. I tied a short ribbon through the hole on the rulers to hang them. Didn’t cost much at all.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's just flat out crazy. My rulers are stored like Joy's. In a wooden pot lid holder, $2 at Value Village. It doesn't hold all my rulers but about 8 of my ones used most often. I hate to tell you how many other rulers I have that I never use!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I actually looked at that hanger this morning. I have number of larger rulers I wanted to hang. Maybe 3 rulers would fit. Instead I hung all my large rulers with picture hangers on an unused wall space on the closet.
    Diana Grey

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the others, too expensive. Pegboard would do the job for less and the pot lid holder sounds like a great solution. I’ve also seen some who use those vertical desk organizers.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My husband made this from a scrap and I don't think I have 3$ in it. I had one that sat on my cutting table and I kept knocking it off and it took up too much room.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4375[1].JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	160161

11. Thanks Babs quilts, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My ruler holder is a small letter holder. Easy to grab just the one I want every time. I love it.

https://www.amazon.com/Organizer-Eas...WQYJBH27CYP76R