Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome 6260 QC, does anyone have one?

I have this machine. I bought it in late 2005 for roughly $600 with no trade-in. The machine is excellent for the purposes I had at the time. I made drapes, curtains, etc., as well as grandbaby clothes. It is a real pain for quilting - for me at least. The harp is tight - both low and short. Also the bobbin has to be cleaned often. The least bit of lint build causes problems. I'll still use this machine for making quilt tops and household sewing. For actual quilting I'm using a machine with a wide and high harp.

As to weather or not this is a good buy for you, I can't say. Just read everyone's comments and compare notes.

2. Thanks BobW thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    Thanks for the information. I'm glad to hear someone who has the machine and likes it. I called Tim and discussed the price and he said I could have it for the price without the trade in. I can't wait to get it and use it.
    There you go!!!! Mine came with a big extension table, and a quilting kit (walking foot, 1/4" patchwork foot and free motion foot.)

4. Thanks BobW thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I have this machine it also came with a quilting table and all the quilting feet I have managed to FMQ with it with no problem right up to full size quilt tops .I love it no complaints at all. my friend was so impressed with it she bought one to. The only down side I can find is no letters or numbers in the selection of stitches,happy quilting .
    love and hugs Edwina .x

6. Thanks BobW thanked for this post