Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BLOCK!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BLOCK!

I got mine yesterday and it is just gorgeous - so much more than I expected. It is definately a quilt BOOK and not a magazine, in my opinion. I have already taken mine to a printer to have it spiral bound so it will lay flat and clear covers added to the front and back to help protect it from all the use it will get at my house.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone in the Chicago area (Palatine) gotten their magazine yet. The money was deducted 2/28 and today is 3/12. Arrgh. Anybody around here get theirs yet?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notsewfast View Post
    I got mine yesterday and it is just gorgeous - so much more than I expected. It is definately a quilt BOOK and not a magazine, in my opinion. I have already taken mine to a printer to have it spiral bound so it will lay flat and clear covers added to the front and back to help protect it from all the use it will get at my house.
    That sounds like a plan! About how much did it cost you?
    Vonnie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine yesterday, and WOW! It is the best magazine I have ever seen. The beautiful pictures, the patterns, the stories that go along with each pattern, everything is top quality. I am very impressed. I really enjoyed reading the stories. It is more of a book than a magazine. I can't wait for the next one to get here. It is well worth the price.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vonnie! I took several books to Office Max to have spiral bound (what they call "coil" bound) and clear covered. The MSQC book was $3.29 for coil binding and clear covers (plus tax). While some folks might balk at paying extra on top of the cost of a book to have this done, I think it is well worth it if it is a book that is often used. It saves a lot of wear and tear on the book itself and the clear covers protect...well, the covers.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notsewfast View Post
    Hi Vonnie! I took several books to Office Max to have spiral bound (what they call "coil" bound) and clear covered. The MSQC book was $3.29 for coil binding and clear covers (plus tax). While some folks might balk at paying extra on top of the cost of a book to have this done, I think it is well worth it if it is a book that is often used. It saves a lot of wear and tear on the book itself and the clear covers protect...well, the covers.
    Thank you! That is a lot less than I thought it would be.
    Vonnie

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, actually, looking at my ticket, I think they charge an extra $1.09 just for cutting the binding, but to me, it is still well worth it. My elderly mom who still quilts? No way will she pay that kind of money...just saying.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    FINALLY! It was in my mailbox as I was on my way out the door to work this morning.
    Same here! It's a beautiful bookazine.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

My Block arrived yesterday in Florida! Thank you to all envolved for publishing this beautiful edition and I am looking forward to many more to come.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived yesterday in Los Angeles, CA - I can't wait to snuggle up and read it today!
    - Phyllis