Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Amazon pulled the PC420 offered through them.

Hi All.

I am very disheartened right now. After 2 months of researching the machine I wanted I finally settled on getting the Brother PC420. I had it on my wishlist on Amazon for $349. I was planning on buying this on the 18th for my birthday on the 21st. So I am sitting here right now showing it to my husband and noticed that the price is now $466 from a marketplace company. Then there is a note that says Amazon pulled the one offered from them for $349 because of some discrepancy either in the ad, product or whatever. It was brought to their attention by reviewers. I can't buy it for $466, not when it was $349 2 days ago. I'd rather wait. Money is too tight. Does anyone know why it was pulled? They didn't say exactly.

This was the one thing I was really looking forward to.
    Hugs,
    Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
    Happiness = fabric!

2. Thanks miget123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amazon pulled the PC420 offered through them.

I have bought several sewing machines from them, their prices bounce around all over the place. If you see a machine at a price you like, better buy it right then, because there are no guarantees. I did wait on one machine and it went down $10 for three weeks. I couldn't stand it at the lowest price, I had to order it. Turned out they never offered it again at that low price and it was $70 more the next week.

One of my machines was $239 when I bought it ( Singer 160 Anniversary machine), 6 months later they were advertising it for $999. Go figure on that one! I think it is supply and demand that drives their pricing.
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 9th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joanne, I saw the note from Amazon. I would take this as a good omen. They are obviously concerned about something to pull it from their inventory and do not want their customers to be disappointed. Personally, if it were me, I'd take it as an act of destiny and not meant to be. There's something better out there for you.

There are a lot of very good quality machines in the $349 price range and many of our members have machines in that range and can give you some recommendations.

BTW, Happy Birthday on the 21st. I share the same birthday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased this machine about 6 months ago and love it - for a small machine it really does great (automatic threading, cutting, up and down lever and limited embroidery). First saw this machine at Joanne's and attempted to purchase it at a good price. They immediately ran out and would not give me the same price when their shipment came in. So, I purchased this online from Walmart at a better price! Have used this to take to classes and to church to make charity quilts. Don't know why it was pulled. Hope you find a good machine for your special birthday!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

What a bummer! Maybe they will get the problem fixed and have it back in stock by the time you were planning on ordering it.
    Lori

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    I have bought several sewing machines from them, their prices bounce around all over the place. If you see a machine at a price you like, better buy it right then, because there are no guarantees. I did wait on one machine and it went down $10 for three weeks. I couldn't stand it at the lowest price, I had to order it. Turned out they never offered it again at that low price and it was $70 more the next week.

One of my machines was $239 when I bought it ( Singer 160 Anniversary machine), 6 months later they were advertising it for $999. Go figure on that one! I think it is supply and demand that drives their pricing.
    Yeah but amazon said they weren't going to offer it until whatever the problem was is resolved. That could be as simple as their own advertising. Could be that in the advertising it said _____________ kit or foot or something was offered but it wasn't. I wasn't sure if anyone knew.
    Hugs,
    Joanne

Happiness = fabric!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharyn J View Post
    Joanne, I saw the note from Amazon. I would take this as a good omen. They are obviously concerned about something to pull it from their inventory and do not want their customers to be disappointed. Personally, if it were me, I'd take it as an act of destiny and not meant to be. There's something better out there for you.

There are a lot of very good quality machines in the $349 price range and many of our members have machines in that range and can give you some recommendations.

BTW, Happy Birthday on the 21st. I share the same birthday!
    Really???? I hear only the greatest of people were born on that day!
    Hugs,
    Joanne

Happiness = fabric!