Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moda Bella and Strips

Is the Moda Bella solids a range on its own or do the solids match the other ranges? I need some cream yardage from the Grant Park range but I don't know what to get.

And, I know that long seams are a pain to sew as they curve, so when stitching strip sets together is there a tip to stop them warping or is it best to just do shorter strips.
    I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
    Lorraine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Moda Bella and Strips

In reference to the bowing of strips......start and stop on opposite ends.....in other words where you stop on your first seam is where you should start your second seam and so on.....also if you finger press your seams first and then press with iron the seams will stay straighter....just go slow and careful....I can't help you with the range of solids

3. Thanks LorraineRob thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The whites are tricky. Look in my user notes, there is a link to a post I made about 6 weeks ago where I ordered and pictured all the whites MSQC Sells from whitest white to a deep cream. They don't cross over from one line to another. For instnce, Bella snow is much darker and more yellow than Kona snow. I love Kona Snow for a nice light cream without a lot of yellow in it. I'm using that color in my irish chain quilts. I was trying to find a Kona solid at Hancock that matched Kona snow. They have a color called bone that almost matches, but it is a little bit whiter than Kona Snow! Darn!

Here is the link to the thread where the whites are pictured
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...all-i-buy.html
    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 8th, 2014 at 03:05 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little scared to buy whites online. I took a quilt block I was working on to match a white to it and I swear there was at least 15 whites there. One of the girls popped by me and chimed in and gave her opinion. lol I did finally break down and buy a black Honey Bun here.

Lorie

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jean, that's a great post and will be really helpful but unfortunately at the moment, it's not white I need, it's cream. There is a couple of charms in the Grant Park pack which of course, would be perfect but all those number refs on the label don't tell you which is for which colour so no idea what the cream is. That's why I wondered if the Bella would go across all the ranges.

I live in a rural village with only one fabric shop anywhere near me and she doesn't sell any of the big names, so I have no choice but to buy online. With the price of these cottons, I obviously can't afford too many mistakes. Well, can any of us? lol. I think I might have to go and do a little research.

lilmouse...thank you for that. Much help.
    Last edited by LorraineRob; March 8th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
    Lorraine

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I suppose it would have been sensible to go to the Moda site in the first place, lol. Doh!!

I need: Grant Park Ivory 14748 56 so now best go find it in the UK somewhere.
    Lorraine

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lorraine, This site has the fabric you want. Yarn shop and fabric shop in Devon | Hulu

Marion

9. Thanks LorraineRob thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Got it Marion. Thanks loads.
    Lorraine