Makes 3-1/2 dozen balls

Ingredients
    1 cup butter
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 cups flour
    1 Tablespoon vanilla
    1 1/2 cups mashed pecans
    powdered sugar

DirectionsCream butter thoroughly. Add balance of ingredients except powdered sugar. Roll into balls about walnut size. Place on ungreased cookie sheet for 35 minutes in 300 degree oven. Roll in powdered sugar immediately and cool on waxed paper. (Cookies may be made in advance and frozen.)

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilters Cookie Exchange

Christmas Sugar Cookies

Makes about 25 cookies

Ingredients
    2 3/4 cups all-purpose Flour, set aside some more for the use of cookie cutters
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 cup butter, softened
    1 1/2 cups white sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DirectionsPre-heat oven to 375 degrees In a small bowl, stir together flour baking soda and baking powder. set aside In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Roll in balls or you can lay the dough out onto a clean area and mix with more flour to make the dough stiff enough to use christmas cookie cutters with. Bake 8-10 minutes *You can also decorate these yummy cookies after they have cooled. *Makes a very good dessert) ENJOY!!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Coconut Snowmen Cookies

Makes 4 dozen cookies
    Ingredients
    2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 cup granulated sugar
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    3.5 ounces can shredded coconut

Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F ( 190 C) 2. In a small bowl, stir together flour,baking powder, and salt. 3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy. 4. Beat eggs into butter mixture a little at a time and mix well. 5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture a little at a time and mix well. 6. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. 7. Roll dough to 1/8 inches (3 milimeters) thickness and cut out cookies with snowmen shaped cookie cutter. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets. 8. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; let cool for 5 min. and decorate with icing and coconut shreddings. EAT UP AND ENJOY!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Eggnog Cookies
    Makes Approximately 3 Dozen

Ingredients
    2 1/4 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 1/4 cups white sugar
    3/4 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup eggnog
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 large egg yolks

DirectionsPreheat oven to 300 degrees. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until it resembles a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until blended. Do not over mix. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with additional nutmeg. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown. Transfer from pans immediately to cool.

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sondray! I think you gave us your entire Christmas baking list! yay for you! Some definite need to try things in there I think I particularly liked the poinsettia cookie idea! Yummy!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, you have found my weakness!!