Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday is here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6eb682bc086741f9e0f55561f9d8191f.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	69131

Happy Friday Folksies!

Fridays should be filled with frivolous bursts of unabated joyous laughter. After all, for the majority of people it means a few days off to regroup, rest and in general do what they want to do. Right? Since childhood is always calling my name, I always look forward to Fridays. And I do laugh, dance around my little salon with abandon and encourage my octagenerian clients to not only remember happy times of their youth but plan on times of hilarity today and in the future. It generally draws me the response like this:
    "Oh Blondie, you make me wish I was your age again." or "Keep your attitude and you'll never be old" That's what I am counting on. Now, mind you, I have the war scars of age that anyone of my generation has. I have lost my chin somewhere in my neckline, will never be viewed in a skimpy swim suit ever again and believe it or not, really don't care! It's what is on the inside that counts.

So, this Friday morning as I was washing my face, surveying the image, I said to myself in the mirror, I said, "Gal, that ain't enough makeup in the world - the bloom is off of this rose" I know none of us look wonderful on arising. I don't know about you, but, it looks like I have been doing the boogaloo in my sleep. I have trained Luscious to say "you're aren't fat, you're beautiful" on cue and also "I love looking in your eyes over a cup of coffee". ha! My hair is standing up and out all over the place, my eyes are bleary and well, let's face it, it ain't a purty sight . . .

But it's FRIDAY!! Why worry over things I have no control over. I can't always control the thoughts that come in my mind (like: who ever told that person they looked good in that rag) but I can control my expressions, frame of mind and of course that includes a smile.

Prayers for those in the line of the rough weather. I heard of tornadoes in Illinois before I was even out of the bed. I am dreading the storms heading our way, mainly because I hate to think of my dear clients driving in these conditions.

Blessings to all. Enjoy your weekend! Smile a lot, even if that means thinking of me trying to tame my crazy hair today. Let's face it, it ain't a purty sight.

Name:  1b.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  10.5 KB

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

2. Thanks alliek thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday is here

Good Morning!

I for one, don't look forward to Friday! It's my night to go back to work., my weekend is over. Sigh.

I got a bit of painting and prepping for painting accomplished yesterday. The former owners stopped by to check on their cats and I informed them that they are going to be grandparents. - Yep, you waited tooo long to get little Missy down to the clinic. They say they will pick them up on Monday and I hope she doesn't pop before then. Later my new neighbor came to meet us - a very nice, spry lady who told me she was 81. She and her husband live in a very unusual "dome home" that they built themselves. She invitedus to come over and see it sometime.

The last night, I joined the I-phone age. My poor old cell was a cast off from my DD about three years ago. I don't need or really want all the bells and whistles, but that is what she ordered for me since I was long overdue for an upgrade. My DS wanted me to have the I phone so that we could facetime and I could see my sweet little Evan. He is started to talk now and sang "Row, row, row" to me the other night. I will be able to read here from anywhere, but I won't be posting from it - I must have a real keyboard for that!

Hope everyone stays safe and warm. We had highs in the 80's yesterday, but expect rain all day today.

Prayers for those who need them - have a Blessed day!
    Donna

The Guild President

Spotsylvania, Virginia near Fredericksburg, Va
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Friday! It is my birthday weekend! Turning 40 on Monday. I am excited.. I feel like I am finally at that age where I can do whatever I want! Wahooo. I can wear comfy shoes in public ..comfy pants in public.. Make hundreds of comparisons of how things have changed since 'I was a kid'. Hahaha

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	Friday.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	69133

Hi Everyone,

We had a wild ride yesterday with the wind that they said was 60 mph. We lost our patio table. It flipped over and broke into a million pieces and our gas grill ended up about 50 feet into the back yard. We think it's salvageable. What's interesting is that it flew over a 6 foot concrete retaining wall to get where it landed. We're hoping the roofs on our apartments and the siding survived.

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm. I want winter to go away but I'm very concerned about the spring storms and tornados this year.

Blessing all around, Barb
    Last edited by Bubby; February 21st, 2014 at 09:13 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Weekend, Kelly! Do it in style! YAYs for being happy with yourself!

Bubby, I am looking for that wind to arrive here today. Oy. Be safe!
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. The temperature is hovering around 0F this morning. It is raining. I am not sure if we even got freezing rain which is a good thing because I have to work today. I will be having lunch with my best friend who had a birthday this week. She turned 76. I stopped to see her last night after exercise class, had a coffee and a few games of cards.

My get up and go to quilt got up and left without me. I probably won't have time until next week to get into it.

On that note, more Olympic games today for us Canadians. The men have curling this morning (I believe we will have another medal today regardless) and at around noon Canada faces off against the US. Good luck to both countries.

Have a safe and wonderful Friday friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my...I hope that wind doesn't make it's way to MD.

Happy Birthday Kelly - oh to be 40 again. Enjoy your stacation, quilting Birthday Weekend - sounds like it's gonna be a blast. I hope you got some roller skates for Jay, so he can just zip in and out with your food and drink - LOL

Gotta do some paperwork for DH to finish up the taxes. My job is to track and list the donations...I keep a pretty good running list, but the donations to Goodwill and places like that are a little more tedious. I have it all written down, just have to enter it in It's Deductible.

Booker T was fantastic last night. We thought he would be an old man, but low and behold he's my same age - 69. He put on a great show, played and sang for over 2 hours without a break, and even came back on stage for a couple more. It's always fun to go to a concert and hear the songs of your youth...we came away feeling like we were 16 again!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	funny-morning-mouse-Disney.jpg 
Views:	845 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	69135

Good morning......

Happy Birthday Kelly...enjoy your week-end!

Well I think the severe weather missed us. Jim told me at 10 pm last night that we had a severe thunderstorm warning....but I didn't hear anything happening outside during the night. The snow is melting but I hope it does so slowly to keep flooding around here to a minimum. There was ice by my car this morning so of course I'm out there having a heck of a time keeping upright on it.

I'm working on my spiderweb quilt and made 2 blocks and don't like the way they look....so I'm going to redo those and I hope to get the top finished this week-end. I think I might just put a scrappy border on it also. I have a couple of JR quilt tops and I think I'll put those on the frame and practice some new quilting patterns on them. And last I will be working on cleaning up and organizing my sewing room.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Happy Birthday Weekend, Kelly! Do it in style! YAYs for being happy with yourself!

Bubby, I am looking for that wind to arrive here today. Oy. Be safe!
    Thank you,

Have a wonderful day!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyequilter View Post

Name:	funny-morning-mouse-Disney.jpg 
Views:	845 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	69135

Good morning......

Happy Birthday Kelly...enjoy your week-end!

Well I think the severe weather missed us. Jim told me at 10 pm last night that we had a severe thunderstorm warning....but I didn't hear anything happening outside during the night. The snow is melting but I hope it does so slowly to keep flooding around here to a minimum. There was ice by my car this morning so of course I'm out there having a heck of a time keeping upright on it.

I'm working on my spiderweb quilt and made 2 blocks and don't like the way they look....so I'm going to redo those and I hope to get the top finished this week-end. I think I might just put a scrappy border on it also. I have a couple of JR quilt tops and I think I'll put those on the frame and practice some new quilting patterns on them. And last I will be working on cleaning up and organizing my sewing room.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

Thank you Shirley,

Have a wonderful day!