Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What 'cha working on?

I am currently piecing 2 quilt tops. A friend gave me a bag of hexagons from Laura Ashley that she's had for years. They were supposed to make some pillow covers, but they are working great for a machine pieced Grandmother's Flower Garden. Pinks and blues, not my normal colors of choice, but I figured I'd piece it together and give it back to her as a completed quilt.

The other top is another gift. I'm making my own design for this one rather than using a block pattern I've seen before since I want to use bricks as well as squares. My friend was with me shopping and saw some fat quarters she liked. I went back later and picked them up and now I'm trying to do something with them. This afternoon I squared them up and stripped them. Next I'll get my bricks cut and some solid squares started.

So what is everyone else working on? I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow.
    Michele

2. Thanks Chelsey thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What 'cha working on?

Binding... I'm binding my table topper AND my little girl's new quilt I just got back! Besides that I'm planning to start a coins quilt. I just love them, and the jelly roll my son disassembled will work perfectly!

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I've been working on a disappearing nine patch, which is so easy, but I don't like how my fabric selection is turning out so I'm not super excited to finish it right now :/ This weekend I swear!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Jeanniebee, I am going to start a disappearing nine patch too! I would love it if you posted pictures! I bet your color selection isn't as bad as you think!! I am just working up to having the motivation to start another project.....then the next big hurdle would have to be that I will have to narrow it down to what fabric i want to use!! I just like so many different ones!

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Come on girls!! Let's see some pictures!

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to make a table runner and placemats out of "Fresh" by Deb Strain. I just love that line. I will be able to use them for spring and summer. I will use the Tutti Frutti pattern. I just love to make those scallops. Did you notice I said "going to"? I haven't started on them yet, but I plan to in the next week or so.
    I just finished a baby quilt and it is being quilted at the store, so it will depend on when I get that back. I will try to load a picture of my blocks from the baby quilt.[attachment=1:3qe9ecba]2-8-09 (4).JPG[/attachment:3qe9ecba][attachment=1:3qe9ecba]2-8-09 (4).JPG[/attachment:3qe9ecba] Thanks to everyone for sharing your pictures. I do so love to see what everyone is doing.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry somehow I got two of the same pic. I am learing how to use this forum. Another new thing for me. Thanks for your patience.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Novicequilter, your SO amazing!! You are like the fastest learning person I know!!! I can not get over how great your sewing is!! Girl, you got skillz. Thanks for the pictures!! This baby quilt is adorable in person too!! I am pretty sure that baby is gonna be spoiled!!

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

That baby quilt is ADORABLE! Can't wait to see it all done.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

that is adorable. love the fabric choices and it looks great!!
    Michele