Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charm Pack Purse Pattern

Hi, do you ladies plan on posting that soon? I have some Christmas gifts and a little time to make some gifts That cute purse you posted has me iching to make one! Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day!, Theresa

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Charm Pack Purse Pattern

Oh heck, I will be honest..... I just want to make one for myself! Please get us the pattern.

Maybe (well...probably) I will make more after that for gifts, but I really would like to make one for myself.

My sister wants a "Bingo Bag". She said that they are made out of that pre-quilted fabric. I don't play bingo so I am not sure what she means. As she was describing it, I was picturing a round drawstring sack with outside pockets to hold the stamper things that you use. :? I think they are called blotters of dotters or something like that. (You really can tell that I don't play Bingo.)

I have never worked with pre-quilted fabric. I am not sure what I am getting myself into there if I say that I will make her one. I would like to not use the pre-quilted stuff if I can. I would rather make her a unique one. That is, if I can find a pattern for one. Anyone know of any? Where can I find one?
    My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of a bingo bag (I would google it!) but I do know that the pattern is currently being edited (its almost done-I've read it myself). So, I know its on its way to the web! Good luck with the bingo bag...post pics when your done! I would love to see this. We have a few bingo players that come into the shop who would love to see this as well! Thanks, Natalie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I think a bingo bag is a draw string bag with pockets for all the bingo dibbers, dabbers or whatever you call those special bingo pens. Here's a picture of one i found:

Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrchapman
    I think a bingo bag is a draw string bag with pockets for all the bingo dibbers, dabbers or whatever you call those special bingo pens. Here's a picture of one i found:

Yes, that is close to what I was picturing in my head! I was seeing cotton though. After Christmas I guess I will try to take one on. Has anyone else made one? What kind of inside pockets do you think she would want? Is there anyone that plays bingo familiar to the items that would go inside the bag so that I would know what kind and size of interior pockets to make?
    My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Charm Pack Purse Pattern - Bingo Bag

I made this Bingo Bag for my SIL (free pattern) http://www.sew-sisters.com/bingodabber.htm. Good luck!

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

That's a super cute bag Ottawa Mum .... I don't play bingo, but my mom does and I bet she'd love one!
    "A smile is the most inexpensive way to improve your looks."