Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default MSCQ Block of the Month Starting Feb 12, 2014!

For those of you who haven't read this on the "General Discussion" tab, we are excited to tell you that Missouri Star Quilt Company will kick off our Block of the Month project next Wednesday, February 12th!! Each month for seven months, we'll assemble one block in the Kimberbell "Home is Where the Haunt Is" Halloween wall hanging. (CLICK HERE to purchase the pattern.) During our eighth and last class, we'll be assembling the blocks and creating our doo-dads or embellishments that will be added after the wall hanging is quilted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween-Quilt-Blocks-2014.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	67803

There are two ways to be part of our Block of the Month:

1) Join Jenny Doan LIVE AND IN PERSON at our Missouri Star Quilt Company Retreat Center here in Hamilton, MO at 10 a.m. on the first Wednesday of the month (except this month!) and sew along as she takes us through constructing our blocks, step-by-step. REGISTRATION IS ONLY $10 EACH SESSION!! CLICK HERE to register. Class size is limited so register early!

or

2) Follow along for FREE when we release the video of the class online. I'll be posting the link under the Retreat Center tab on this forum and I'm sure we'll be getting the word out via this forum, email, the newsletter, the blog or whatever electronic means necessary. No need to register!

Finally, a heads-up that we will NOT have kits for the Block of the Month project. You can use scraps from your stash (or trade with a friend) or have a howling good time choosing something new! We can't wait to see the creative brilliance of all our fabulous quilting friends out there!!

Oh yes --- and I will be starting a new MSQC Block of the Month Group on the Forum, too, so please stop by and let us know how you are doing with the BOM project as we go along.

Questions? Post them below or contact me directly at retreats@missouriquiltco.com

Have a great weekend!
    Jean

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSCQ Block of the Month Starting Feb 12, 2014!

OOPS! Just realized I forgot to give you the link to purchase the pattern! Here it is:
    Home Is Where the Haunt Is Pattern - Kimberbell Designs

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone!

I've had a couple of folks ask me where they will be able to find the link for the video. The short answer is that I'm not really sure!

I can tell you, that as soon as it's available, I'll post it here on the Forum and will also post it in our BOM Group. I hope that's helpful.

Just 48 hours from now, we'll be checking folks in and getting started! Can't wait!!
    Jean

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have you posted the video yet? I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find it. I didn't know how long after the class we would have to wait for it. Thank you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Is this what you are looking for ???
    Block of the Month!

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it be nice to have a "Block Of The Month" club that we could purchase, and then follow a video to make it ? In other words, we could sign up, pay for the block and then be given a code to open the video.

Here in the town I live in, the Quilt Shop has a block of the month you can purchase for a $5.00 ...and this goes on for 12 months. It comes with written instructions. I would much rather have a video tutorial though as I am a visual learner.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I am Marilyn. I have not received my copy of the Block. Is there something wrong. I know if my lot#140 is not on my mailing address they will not leave it in my mail box.
    please check this out for me.
    The payment was made on Feb 20.
    thank you Marilyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saldibar9354@msn.com View Post
    Hi. I am Marilyn. I have not received my copy of the Block. Is there something wrong. I know if my lot#140 is not on my mailing address they will not leave it in my mail box.
    please check this out for me.
    The payment was made on Feb 20.
    thank you Marilyn
    No one has received them yet... we are all waiting with baited breath for them to arrive. Hang in there!