Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Commiserate with me--Sewing Machine bit the dust

Sigh. I am stationed in Hungary and my Designer I decided to go on hiatus right before Christmas...only sewing in reverse. I googled home remedies and did most to try and fix. Nada. Found a sewing machine repair man; found a translator Got word today that he is at a loss and he even spoke to his collegues across the country and they can't figure it out either. (Insert poutie lip)
    Fortunately I have a Pfaff Hobby 301, but it is basic and I only have just the one basic foot. My Captain is from Sweden so he is going to ask back home about maintenance...so a trip to Sweden might be in my near future. If I have to buy a new machine it will definitely have a wide throat/harp. I have three years left in Hungary, so going without would make me cranky. Smile

Sigh. Pity party over Thanks for listening. My Captain looked at me like I was crazy when I pouted at work about it. Asked me what the big deal was. I told him it would be like his fishing poles breaking or his hunting rifles not working. He went pale and said he understood.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Commiserate with me--Sewing Machine bit the dust

Love your analogy in explaining to the boss! I think there are more or DIFFERENT options in Europe for sewing machines, let us know what you come up with to replace your machine. It's like your heart is cut out when the sewing machine is broken. Your boss should understand!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the busted machine. I dread the day that one of mine breaks like that.

Hope you get it straightened out soon.
    Loosely based on a true story.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your machine and hope you get it fixed or replaced real soon!

I remember at work a few years ago one of our machines started going in reverse only, not sure what was wrong, our mechanic had to fix it.
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

It does feel like your heart is cut out. If I was back in Florida the LQS would fix it right up lickety split. We'll keep looking in hopes of a fix. My husband is a keeper though and said we'll make a trip to Vienna this weekend and we won't give up until your machine is fixed or you have a new one Yep, definitely a keeper!

So how is everyone today??? I'm feeling a bit flibberdejibbitish today....my poor boss : )

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by April Jaehn View Post
    It does feel like your heart is cut out. If I was back in Florida the LQS would fix it right up lickety split. We'll keep looking in hopes of a fix. My husband is a keeper though and said we'll make a trip to Vienna this weekend and we won't give up until your machine is fixed or you have a new one Yep, definitely a keeper!

So how is everyone today??? I'm feeling a bit flibberdejibbitish today....my poor boss : )
    Grea, I hope you find
    Something great to use!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

To be in a foreign country with a broken sewing machine is a real downer. I hope you find a solution soon. Let us know how this works out for you.

8. Thanks Mtksquilter thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

What part of Hungary are you in? A few years ago when we were in the Budapest area I remember seeing several sewing machine stores. They were not on the side of the Danube where the castle is.