Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vivienne

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Post Vivienne

Hi! My name is Vivienne, I am a young (I think so) 73, I have never been on a forum and I am completely lost, I have been a quilter for a long time, and belong to a guild which I love, of course, leaving my friends behind when I left Wales and moved to Australia a long time ago (when I was 20,) then again moving to Canada in 1966, I have made new Canadian friends, mostly who are quilters and machine embroiderers, Looking forward to what goes on in this forum, I am glad to meet you.
    PS. What is a tag?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vivienne

Welcome from a fellow Canadian and BCer. Woo you have lived in quite few places over you short lifespan...not sure what you mean by 'tag" but then I am not very computer savy myself. Glad to meet you too!

Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Vivienne! The only way you can get 'unlost' is to start poking buttons to see what they do and where they take you. When you come on the board, hit 'what's new' and you'll see new topics and topics you have replied to that someone else has then replied to also. If you click on a persons name, you can pull up their photos to view.

If you have any questions about quilting, just ask. You'll get replies to your questions.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Vivienne, it's lovely to meet you! Welcome from New Jersey. I'd love to see pictures of your quilts, once you get settled in make sure you learn how to post them. And enjoy viewing them! There is a lot of quilting "eye candy" and wisdom here. I think of this forum as my guild
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Vermont. Glad to have another experienced quilter to learn from. I just started this spring and am always coming up with stupid questions to ask you ladies. Everyone is very helpful. Would love to see photos of your projects. Enjoy the forum.
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Vivienne, Welcome from Colorado!! I am not very good on the computer, but everyone here has been so helpful (Thanks Al and Sarah). Look forward to hearing all about your quiltmaking! Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Vivienne. (what a beautiful name!) I, too, am not super technologically savy, but quiltingtrish is right....just go for it! Sorta like quilting, if one waits until they feel really secure, they'll never start a project! It is really fun to be connected with quilting 'sistas", to learn lots of neat stuff and to meet really cool people.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne View Post
    PS. What is a tag?
    Viv, a 'tag' is a word or phrase that you may add to a picture or anything you may upload that will aid your viewers in finding it by doing a search. For instance, let's say you have a picture of a cat you want to show everyone. This cat is named "Silky" and some people would recognize it by that name. The cat may be a female. She may be black and white. She may have 8 kittens. Let's say she only eats oranges, loves baby ducks, and swims in your bathtub.

You post or 'upload' her picture. In the tag space you would list: Silky, female, black, white, kittens, eight, oranges, ducks, swimming, bathtub.

Now, anyone doing a search in the forum or on the internet could type in any of those words and probably could find your picture quite easily.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy,
    Thanks for the explanation. I kinda knew what tags were but did not know exactly how they worked. You are so durn knowledgeable!
    Thank you Vivenne for asking the question and welcome from Northeast Arkansas.
    shirleyj

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Central Illinois (along the Illinois river)... I am so glad you jumped in and posted. I'm new here and am trying to learn all the stuff. Those tutorials are so helpful for me.. IT's been over 50 years since I have been around quilts and quilters.. So I need alot of refreshers and ideas.. Just check out that Big Blue Line under the NAME of this place.. and enjoy pushing buttons. That's where I'm at right now.

Hugs and enjoy your First Forum!!