Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Like I needed a new hobby...!

Hey, you could be like my cousin who got into crocheting and knitting so much that she raises her own sheep for the wool now. She was a pharmacist, but gave that up to sell her stuff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buster.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	66044

That is Buster, who she thought was going to die because he was so sick (since Thanksgiving) but he's now eating on his own and all is well.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I learned to knit, crochet, and embroider and sew when I was a kid. I still continue to crochet, but I do more quilting these days. If you're new to crochet, there are many wonderful videos on Youtube. Mikey has lot of tutorials and he's easy to understand, videos are close ups and easy to follow along. I had GD watching his videos. Lesson 1 - How To Crochet - YouTube

There's another group of videos by Teresa on Youtube. She's also very good.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have done knitting, crochet, embroidery, scrapbooking, sewing, counted cross stitch and photography. Some of the projects are more portable than others. During the fall and winter, I usually take knitting, crocheting, embroidery or counted cross stitch with me wherever I go. I use to have lots of time waiting for the children at various appointments to be able to do my projects. I still enjoy doing them when I get a chance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to knit and crochet. I can't figure it out.
    I can however, breed, raise, & shear the sheep/goats. Then I can clean, card, dye, spin the fleeces into yarn. After that, it is someone else's problem. Sadly, my wheel sits idle @ Mom's house. Since I can't do anything with the yarn, I don't spin much anymore.

I do have other hobbies, with cross stitch being the most portable. That is my go-to travel project. I have a bunch of the Santa patterns for the perforated paper. One of these days I'll have them all finished and will decorate a tree with all of them on it. One of these days...
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I love to crochet also. Have made too many afghans to count. I learned to crochet when I was ten. I went to a small country school and my spelling teacher was also the home-ec teacher. When we finished our spelling work, she taught us to crochet. Thereafter every birth and wedding warranted an afghan. I don't know if you have access to Hobby Lobby online, but I love their yarn line. It is called "I love this Yarn". Crocheting is a good traveling hobby. Enjoy!!!

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I have many interest and hobbies. Over the years I have knitted, crochet, baked, bead making, crafts of various mediums, Oil and acrylic painting, scrapbook, genealogy, dance, costume making, gardening, card making and quilting!!! I have boxes of craft material and fabric all over the place. And I still love photography!! Since digital cameras came into my life, I am never out & about without mine!!

Where will all of this take me?? To a happy place MY HAPPY PLACE!!!! Retirement has been a blast with all these hobbies. Travel and crossing off items on my bucket list with HOBBIEs as I go!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buster.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	66044

Does he have two sets of horns? If so, I didn't know that sheep did.
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can crochet a lil but not well
    These things, I warmly wish for you-
    Someone to love, some work to do,
    A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
    And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a video on making a basket weaved box using rolled up newspaper. I have been rolling newspaper since then. I hope this is not a new hobby.
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It is too bad we cannot crochet during the flights anymore. I did a lot of crochet work during flights.

I knitted last year on a plane to Atlanta. Or at least I tried to knit...I was sandwiched between 2 large men.
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie