Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP FOR MY KNEES, OUCH!!

I wholeheartedly agree with Meli. I found that water aerobics was extremely helpful after my first surgery. Most YMCA's offer programs specifically for seniors .... Silver Sneakers, as well as programs for all ages and fitness levels.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have had two surgeries on my left knee. The first was to repair a torn meniscus and then 11 months later, different doctor, I had a total knee replacement. If you are to the point where it is bone on bone, that is probably your only option. I would go ahead and take the Aleeve for now, but would not take it long term.

I have a friend with arthritis that swears by raw apple cider vinegar for relief. She puts 2 tablespoons in 8 oz of water with enough raw honey to sweeten it, three times a day. She began drinking it for another reason and then noticed she was not in as much pain. After stopping it for a while, the pain returned. I am going to try it as I have arthritis all over, and I figure it can't hurt.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Donna

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Before knee replacement try the lube shots. I have had them, and they worked for 2 years before I had to get knee replaced! Simvast is a 1 shot deal while uflexa is a shot per week for 3. Both worked for me. I have had knee and hip replaced on right looking at left now.
    Have a Sewonderful Day,
    Mary T.

4. Thanks alliek thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    I have had two surgeries on my left knee. The first was to repair a torn meniscus and then 11 months later, different doctor, I had a total knee replacement. If you are to the point where it is bone on bone, that is probably your only option. I would go ahead and take the Aleeve for now, but would not take it long term.

I have a friend with arthritis that swears by raw apple cider vinegar for relief. She puts 2 tablespoons in 8 oz of water with enough raw honey to sweeten it, three times a day. She began drinking it for another reason and then noticed she was not in as much pain. After stopping it for a while, the pain returned. I am going to try it as I have arthritis all over, and I figure it can't hurt.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Be careful and start out with a small dose of that apple cider vinegar. My DH read about the benefits and talked me into trying it for my GERD. After a few days I got so sick I seriously thought if it got any worse I would have to go to urgent care. For several days after that I was careful about eating and drinking very mild food/drinks. The agony in my stomach!
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of this RAW Apple Cider Vinegar.....Where do you buy it ? My friend suffers from RA....and it's sad to see her in so much pain. She takes Neurontin ....but it doesn't help that much. OF course if she wasn't trying to help her family and concentrate on her own health issues she might feel better as well.

I would appreciate any info on this Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. If I just tell her about it, she will just brush me off unless I can back it up with the info for it.

Thanks

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a teen, I used to drink a bit of cider vinegar in water for my blemishes. It worked wonderfully, my skin was clear within 5 days. I started out drinking it once a day, then cut back to once every other day. It was difficult to swallow but totally worth it. Wish I'd thought of mixing some honey in, that would have made it a lot more palatable.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

See if you can get your hands on some Voltarin. It is cream that is topical. It is OTC in Canada(natch), and by script here in the states. My aunt has severe arthritis in hands and knees and uses this religiously and it helps her. I use it on my legs and back for the pain for the back surgeries. It works well for us. It might be worth a try. good luck
    Home is where your mother is..........

9. Thanks alliek thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your knee. If you are able to walk on your knee at all, it more than likely is not a torn ACL but it could be a meniscus or another ligament issue. I would definitely request to have an MRI done to rule out any ligament or soft tissue problems. If it turns out be arthritis, I recommend seeing a rheumatologist who specializes in treating arthritis. I have had two knee surgeries on my left knee for a dislocated knee cap. I will be keeping you in my prayers and wishing you all the best.
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

11. Thanks alliek thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND REMEDIES. I THINK AN MRI IS DEFINITELY WHAT I NEED. I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERNS AND THE TIME YOU TOOK TO RESPOND. LOVE THIS FORUM. -ALLIE K.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda l'm walking on my left knee and l've got a torn ACL ..