Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cool IQ2 #2 quilt (made from the scraps from IQ2 quilt that seemed to multiply in my sewing room!)

After Christmas while cleaning my sewing room it sure seemed that my IQ2 Lovely scraps multiplied in force! I had so many 1 inch strips and pieces (since I had to cut down many of the charm squares) and I could not bear to throw them away so I put them in my little scrap bucket. Then one day I looked in the bucket and I immediately thought they looked like Mardi Gras confetti! (purple, green, yellow & black). Remembering Cat M' Bull's comment on Elmer's school glue - how it can be used to stabilize then washes out - gave me a crazy idea for using the scraps!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	march3.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	65537
    I cut them all into snippets and glued them onto some Heat & Bond light that had been cut into the shape of a fleur-di-lis

Name:	iq22.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	65538
    then ironed that onto a 10 inch neutral background, repeated this 17 times and set it on point with a black jelly roll.

Name:	march2.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	65539
    ta da! Since they are glued on - will do micro-stippling over the fleur-di-lis when I quilt them to keep them in place after washing. It should also give it a little all-over shabby chic look to the fleur-di-lis.

No scraps left behind here! LOL!
    Last edited by bhaggerty; January 14th, 2014 at 01:11 AM.
    Happy Quilting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IQ2 #2 quilt (made from the scraps from IQ2 quilt that seemed to multiply in my sewing room!)

That's another winner! You are sew creative!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IQ2 #2 quilt (made from the scraps from IQ2 quilt that seemed to multiply in my sewing room!)

Great job and super creative!
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That was a great idea.......and the quilt is one of a kind and really pretty!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You made all those in one day? Amazing! Beautiful quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome creation! You know everyone is going to steal that from you, don't you?

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Woweeee! Great use of scraps.
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I'm steeling it. Great idea. Plz post pic when finished can't wait to see.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful! So creative!
    Ellen =^..^=

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It looks great! Here's to wishing my mind can be creative like that one day.
    ~ Tracy