Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brother Scan and Cut

I know a lot of you use the Accuquilt cutting systems. I've resisted so far. But have any of you seen or bought the Brother Scan and cut machine? My daughters use Cricut machines, one for papercraft and one for cake decorating. But when I saw this, I really got interested in acquiring one because you can draw a picture, scan it and then it cuts it out. It is designed for particularily cutting fabrics. No dies, no computer needed, it works as a stand alone cutter. It is a little mire than an Accuquilt, but by the time you add the dies, you are running the bill uo with every die set you buy.

Anybody have interest in this?

ScanNCut Exclusive TV Offer | Home & Hobby Cutting Machine with Built in Scanner

2. Thanks tassie devil thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Brother Scan and Cut

I right there with you Jean . . Crafty Gemini has a tut on the machine . . . I am waiting for the price to come down some . .

would be perfect for memory quilts
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Cameo Silhouette and really like it because you don't need cartridges. Does fabric but you have to remember to always have extra blades, they go faster than when you're using the blade on vinyl. I would imagine that the Brother's blades would go just as fast as it's slicing through fabric versus having pressure cutting the fabric as with the AccuquiltGo (which I also have).

I have two separate type of scanners so I don't know if the built in one is worth the extra money. None of my friends have one, no input on reviews for you.
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I know the blades on the Cricut go faster when cutting fabric. What is the Cameo Silhouette? Is it a paper cutting machine?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got one for Christmas and haven't used it yet. From the people I've talked to that have it, you have to get used to the settings, but it is SUPER versatile.

One person used it for EPP. She cut the papers, AND the fabric.

I plan to try mine out soon, I was in the middle of another project and didn't want to stop in the middle.

I REALLY like that I can scan applique patterns into it, and fussy cut them out.
    Cathryn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Yes, I know the blades on the Cricut go faster when cutting fabric. What is the Cameo Silhouette? Is it a paper cutting machine?
    It does paper, vinyl, fabric...You can take a jpg/bmp/png and turn it into a file to cut.

Silhouette America - What Can You Make?
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cat n bull View Post
    I got one for Christmas and haven't used it yet. From the people I've talked to that have it, you have to get used to the settings, but it is SUPER versatile.

One person used it for EPP. She cut the papers, AND the fabric.

I plan to try mine out soon, I was in the middle of another project and didn't want to stop in the middle.

I REALLY like that I can scan applique patterns into it, and fussy cut them out.
    Cathryn, from what I've seen of your applique work, you will give this quite a workout! Let me know what you think once you get into using it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Cathryn, from what I've seen of your applique work, you will give this quite a workout! Let me know what you think once you get into using it.
    I will!

You don't need a computer to use this. ANYTHING can be scanned. Even your fabric can be scanned and you can take one part of it and have the machine cut juts that one part!

It can draw too! You put pens in and you can first draw in seam lines then cut the shape out with seam allowances added! AWESOME for hand sewers or people that are machine sewing odd shapes, like hexagons or kite shapes.
    Cathryn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about all that Jean. I'm doing good to rotary cut and do some applique well. LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    I don't know about all that Jean. I'm doing good to rotary cut and do some applique well. LOL
    you always produce the greatest projects, no matter how you cut it!